Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 20:17:24 #811668

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank each and everyone in this forum for maintaining this page amazingly well. You guys are making the trip to Swiss to easy. Thanks a lot for doing for us. Much appreciated.

I am travelling on May end from Zurich HB to Luzerne / Luzerne – Interlaken / Interlaken – Jungfrau/ Interlaken – Geneva.

1. Can I travel from using the Swiss Travel Pass from Zurich to Luzerne? if so is that a panoramic train? When I checked in sbb.ch the for tickets I don’t see swiss travel pass option. Is that because the trip is free?
    2. I know that Train from Interlaken to Grindelwald or Wengen is free and from Grindelwald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch is 25% off with Swiss Travel Pass.I would like to go up via Grindelwald and come back via Wengen. My question is if I take an round trip ticket from Grendelwald to Jungfraujoch can I able to come back via Wengen? or I need to take separate tickets starting from Grendelwald – Jungfraujoch then Jungfraujoch – Wengen?
    3. Its quite confusion how the timings in the Jungfrau website as its not 24hr timing or AM/PM notations. So my question is what time is the first train from Grindelwald or Wengen and last train from Jungfrau to Grindelwald or Wengen. Do we have a timetable for that?

Thanks in advance.

Bipin Maliakal

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 May 2017 at 8:51:36 #862751

Hi Bipin Maliakal,

Glad to hear our website has been useful so far! As for your questions:

1. The SBB website is primarily geared to Swiss residents and therefore doesn’t list tourist passes such as the Swiss Travel Pass. In any case, Zurich-Lucerne is for free with your Swiss Travel Pass. Please download the validity map from myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity. It’s a regular train, not a panoramic one.

2. You’d best show your Swiss Travel Pass at a manned ticket desk in Interlaken or Grindelwald and explain about the round trip you want. You’ll receive a (very common) round trip ticket with the right amount of discount.

3. I think this PDF timetable answers your questions. If not, please let me know!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.