Swiss pass for 6 days Zurich & Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2018 at 7:49:02 #814557

Hello team myswiss,

as my travel dates coming closer, thought to seek suggestion from you

m arriving on 17th May at Zurich airport and staying at Interlaken, m planning to talk 4 days swiss pass from 18 to 21st.

on day of arrival I am thinking of buying one day swiss pass to Travel between Zurich to Interlaken. My return Travel is from Zurich on 22nd noon th TGV to Paris.

does this plan doable ?

What is validity hiurs of swiss pass ?

Is it advised to buy 4 separate one day passes then one 4 days saver pass ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2018 at 12:28:44 #877455

Hi Kunjanmba,

I don’t think 4 separate Saver Day Passes are going to be more convenient or much cheaper than the Swiss Travel Pass (Plus they don’t cover any mountain transport). Saver Day Passes are only available as 1 day tickets (so you’d need to buy 4 separate ones) or a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass.

You can use our spread sheet here to do the math and compare the various Swiss rail passes you are looking at.

A rail pass, such as a day pass or Swiss Travel Pass, expires at 5am on the following date. IE a day pass for May 1 expires at 05:00 on May 2 (you must have completed the journey by 05:00). A 4 days Swiss Travel Pass. starting on May 1 expires at 05:00 on May 5.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 6:34:38 #877456

Thank you Lucas,

your idea has crystal clear My plan. I will buy 1 day swiss pass on day of arrival to reach interlaken for 4 adult and 2 child 17th May . And then 4 day swiss pass, (18 to 21st). Departure on. 22nd to Paris via TGV m staying near to station so may not need Travel th train bus etc.

One more query ,

can rhine falls and my Titlis possible in a day ? On 21st May we are checking out from interlaken hotel, can drop bag at Zurich station and cover Both places ? Staying overnight at Zurich

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 8:21:40 #877457

Hi Kunjanmba,

You could do Mt. Titlis and RheinFall in one very long day from Interlaken – up to you! Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips.

The easiest way would be to stop in Luzern, leave bags there and go to Mt. Titlis. Return to Luzern, pick up your bags and then drop them at Zurich hotel before continuing on to the Rheinfall. I’d just pick Mt. Titlis and spend the remaining part of your day exploring Zurich.

• The thread ‘Swiss pass for 6 days Zurich & Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.