3 day Swiss Travel Pass in October

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2018 at 5:25:53 #814988

I’m a little further into my planning but would like advice for the following.

I would like to train Zurich to St Moritz on own using seat61 advice for 19 or 29 Euro on Monday 8th October then Use 3 Day Swiss Pass for Glacier Express to Zermatt on Tuesday, Zermatt sightseeing in morning then train to Luzern/ Zurich on Wednesday and Explore Luzern/ Mt Titlus etc on Thursday and train to Zurich that night. Fly out of Zurich on Friday afternoon.

Is there baggage room on those trains (Glacier express) or should we leave some baggage at Zurich?

If there is luggage room then may do this itinerary:

Monday tour Luzern and Mount Titlus etc. Tuesday trip to St Moritz. Wednesday St Moritz to Zermatt. Thursday afternoon Zermatt to Geneva. Friday fly out of Geneva. All on a 4 day Swiss Pass?

I arrive by train in either Zurich/ Lucerne from Vienna on Sunday afternoon/ evening. and Fly out to Brisbane Australia.

My third option is to arrive by train from Vienna on Sunday in Zermatt. Monday explore Zermatt. Tuesday Glacier Express. Wednesday St Moritz to Luzern. Thursday explore Luzern/ Mt Titlus etc and train to Zurich. Friday fly out in afetrnoon. Using 4 day Swiss Pass?

Sorry for variety but not sure which order is better or achievable.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 March 2018 at 5:31:48 #880000

I would say they are all doable. You can take luggage on the Glacier Express. seat61 tricky business relies on catching a specific train at a specific time so don’t miss it or change plans at last minute.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2018 at 6:23:54 #880001

Hi Flurvin,

To decide whether the 3 or 4 day Swiss Travel Pass is your best option, you’ll need to do the math. A clearly mapped out itinerary is the basis for this.

You should read “How to choose the best travel pass”. The page has a spreadsheet to help you. You can use the Swiss train timetable to work out the fares for any trip. When you go to “buy a ticket” the fare you see on the right hand side of the page will normally be the half-fare price. Double it to get full fare. With a Swiss Travel Pass it is free provided it is shown as free on the validity map which you can download here.

• The thread ‘3 day Swiss Travel Pass in October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.