Closest dock at Rutli for the Swiss Path?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Debra
Debra
153 posts
Mar 14, 2017 - 4:38 PM

I read the post on the swiss path from Slowpoke here; however I am confused about how to get to the start of the trail. I am wanting to walk sections A to F (Rutli to Sisikon). I will be coming from Interlaken; however all the timetables seem to take one either all the way to Lucerne or Zurich; I am not sure which dock would be closest to the dock at Rutli. I am not keen on boat travel so I would like the shortest water travel possible. I may have to skip the idea, I'm trying to figure out if this will work for me. I wanted something different than all the mountain hiking I'll be doing; a lake surrounded by mountains similar to a fjord sounded attractive, if this indeed what the Swiss Path offers.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5157 posts
expert
Mar 15, 2017 - 2:01 AM in reply to Debra

Hi Debra-

<<"I wanted something different than all the mountain hiking I'll be doing; a lake surrounded by mountains similar to a fjord sounded attractive, if this indeed what the Swiss Path offers.">>

It does. check out the maps.

<<"I am not sure which dock would be closest to the dock at Rutli. I am not keen on boat travel so I would like the shortest water travel possible.">>

Those are Brunnen and either Sisikon, Bauen, or Flüelen. Brunnen is by far the most convenient...althoug there is 10 minute walk from the train station to the boat landing.

Not sure that I understand your issues.

The boat trips are smooth, easy, and scenic. They do have less frequent connections than train or bus. The lake is beautiful when seen from the water. The trip from Brunnen is short.

Some of the ship landings are not accessible by bus or train.

The landing at Rütli cannot be accessed except by boat or on foot. On foot is not easy.

You might start at Sisikon, where there is a train station, and perhaps not walk as far as Rütli?

The last stretch, from Bauen to Rütli is not so easy.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018