About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Swiss plugs and garbage disposal at Airbnb
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Swiss plugs and garbage disposal at Airbnb

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Swisstcs
Swisstcs
8 posts
Jun 2, 2022 - 8:05 PM

Hi,

I'm travelling to Switzerland next week and have the following questions.

1.My Airbnb host stated that " you will have one kg garbage bag for free. If you need more you can buy them in any store. 10 pieces cost CHF 35.00. "

Does that mean i cant bring my own garbage bag too to dispose garbage ? . Please advise.

2. Also does the attached plug type work in Switzerland ? Its of plug type C . Let me know.

Attachments
Anna
Anna
2923 posts
expert &
Jun 3, 2022 - 6:44 AM in reply to Swisstcs

Hi Swisstcs,

Yes, this plug will work. More details available here: www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland/practical/swissoutlet

As for the garbage bag, I'm assuming you are given a 35l garbage bag. This is a designated disposal bag used only in a designated commune or municipality. It is taxed so it cost a bit more than an ordinary garbage bag. Glasses, alumnium, paper, carton and PET bottles are recyclable materials and should go in separate recycle bins. Recycling is free by the way. All other household waste are disposed off in the designated garbage bag. Based on personal experience, depending on the size of your household, a 35l garbage bag should lasts you from a few days to a week.

The waste disposal system in Switzerland works based on the principle of less waste, pay less. The more you recycle, the less trash you have and you'll minimise the need (and therefore pay less) for garbage bags.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
Arno
15026 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2022 - 8:57 AM in reply to Swisstcs

Hi Swisstcs,

In addition to Anna's helpful information, you can read more about garbage disposal here: www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland/nature/environment/protection.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022