Swiss Rail Pass unable to order online

Swiss Rail Pass unable to order online

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mmarslan468
mmarslan468
14 posts
Apr 10, 2017 - 10:11 PM

Unable to oder swiss rail pass online::: can anyone explin? thanks

Lucas
Lucas
7270 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2017 - 7:57 AM in reply to mmarslan468

Hi mmarslan468,

Which rail pass are you trying to order? The Swiss railways website has been having issues lately (newly updated) but there are other businesses you can buy the pass with online.

Have a look at our Swiss Rail pass web page here, and click the pass you want to buy. Then click on the "Price" tab and you will see a selection on online retailers you can buy from.

Regards,
Lucas

mmarslan468
mmarslan468
14 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 8:23 AM

Well, I am trying to buy rail pass valid from 16-04-2017 but on website it's available with validity starting from 18-04-2017. How can I resolve this issue ?

Lucas
Lucas
7270 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2017 - 9:09 AM in reply to mmarslan468

I'm still not sure what pass you are looking to buy or at what website you are looking at.

Have you tried this on all the websites we listed for buying a rail pass online and do you have this issue with all of them?

Lucas

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:04 PM in reply to mmarslan468

>> Well, I am trying to buy rail pass valid from 16-04-2017 but on website it's available with validity starting from 18-04-2017. How can I resolve this issue ?

If the earliest date it will allow is 18/4, I suspect that is because of the minimum processing time required to issue the ticket on that particular site. In other words, it is too late to order a pass that will be valid from 16/4.

It's very hard to help you without any details about what specific pass you are trying to buy and what website you are trying to buy it from.

Alpenrose

shrier
shrier
8 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:13 PM in reply to Removed user

I am having the same difficulty. I would like to purchase a pass for April 17 for 4 days. The first date showing as available is April 18. Is my only option to purchase a pass for 3 days and buy separate tickets for my April 17 travel?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:20 PM in reply to shrier

>> I would like to purchase a pass for April 17 for 4 days. The first date showing as available is April 18. Is my only option to purchase a pass for 3 days and buy separate tickets for my April 17 travel?

No, just buy the pass on arrival in Switzerland if it is too late to buy it online. I think you can get it from any staffed railway station in Switzerland. (I assume you are referring to the Swiss Travel Pass.)

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 11, 2017 - 5:21 PM by Removed user
shrier
shrier
8 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:24 PM

Thank you. I am interested in the Swiss Travel Pass. I thought I could not purchase it in Switzerland. Or is it only that Swiss residents cannot purchase it. Also, will the price be substantially different from the price online?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:30 PM in reply to mmarslan468

>> I thought I could not purchase it in Switzerland. Or is it only that Swiss residents cannot purchase it. Also, will the price be substantially different from the price online?

Yes, buying it in Switzerland is OK - it just takes time away from sightseeing time :)

The Swiss Travel Pass is only available to non-residents of Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein. There are different offers available to residents.

The price will be the same regardless of where you buy it (except in the case of some third-party sellers who might have occasional promotions).

Alpenrose

shrier
shrier
8 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:38 PM

Thank you so much!

mmarslan468
mmarslan468
14 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:41 PM

I need some suggestion please. on this Sunday 16 April I wanna take Gotthard Panorama Express. On next two days I wanna travel on Glacier Express and Golden Pass Train. Any idea or schedule for this?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:52 PM in reply to mmarslan468

Please start a new thread for this, as your question is not related to the title of this thread :)

Lucas
Lucas
7270 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2017 - 6:36 PM in reply to mmarslan468

Without knowing what website/retailer you are buying the pass from I can't help you.

processing time could be the issue. However, Happyrails can email you within 24 hours so you could try them.

Otherwise as Alpenrose666 said you can easily buy the Swiss Travel Pass once you are in Switzerland at any manned Swiss Railways office (SBB).

Lucas

Annika
Annika
4951 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2017 - 6:37 PM in reply to mmarslan468

Hi mmarslan468,

You've probably been trying to order through www.swissrailways.com/ en, right? They currently only offer Swiss Travel Passes with starting dates from April 18. Processing times used to be shorter as far as I know; we'll look into this. However, there are other websites allowing you to order passes with a starting date much closer to today. Did you check the resellers' overview linked to by Lucas? You may try www.happyrail.com (e-tickets available, which is much more convenient than having to buy your Swiss Travel Pass after arrival in Switzerland) or ACP Rail (free shipping along with the Rail Safeguard Plan Plus.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
Annika
Annika
4951 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2017 - 6:39 PM in reply to shrier

Hi shrier,

You'd best check the Swiss Travel Pass retailer overview here: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. Apart from the SBB tourist webshop which currently allows starting dates from April 18, you can take a look at www.raileurope.com which offers a print at home pass (easier than buying in Switzerland, and you'll have a digital copy in case of loss or damage).

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
mmarslan468
mmarslan468
14 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 6:47 PM

Yeah guys, I was trying to buy Swiss Travel Pass from www.swissrailways.com/ shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/?affiliateId=23#/en/home" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> en . I understand now, it's matter of processing time. I think I should try using other sellers.

Thanks a lot to all you you for looking into this matter.

shrier
shrier
8 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hi, I just purchased my pass successfully on www.happyrail.com. Thanks for the help!

Arno
Arno
10765 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2017 - 7:49 AM

Hi all,

I checked with them and the first available start date for the pass was April 18 because it's Easter next weekend. Their office is closed for a few days and there's still a manual process required to issue the pass. They will soon offer the option to order passes for the same and next day. For now however, other retailers are a better option for passes that need to be used on short notice. Indeed www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-consecutive is a good alternative. Thanks for confirming that Shrier!

mmarslan468
mmarslan468
14 posts
Apr 12, 2017 - 10:53 AM

Can you please tell me about how much time does it take if I buy Swiss Travel Pass after arrival at Zurich Airport.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
7270 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2017 - 11:17 AM in reply to mmarslan468

Hi,

You will have to go to the SBB office, so it will depend on how busy they are. I imagine 10 to 30 minutes on average.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018