Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Swiss Rail Pass confusion

Swiss Rail Pass confusion

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sequimer
Sequimer
4 posts
Mar 25, 2015 - 1:37 AM

We will be spending 10 days around Lauterbrunnen in mid May. We want to purchase an 8 day rail pass. When I go to the Swiss Rail Pass web site and look at the pricing options I see two choices. One choice is listed as 8 travel days within one month. The second choice, which is approximately $94 less expensive, just states 8 travel days. I understand that the travel must be 8 consecutive days but i am uncertain what the 1 month requirement means. Does it mean all travel must be completed within one month of from when I purchase the pass?

Thanks for your assistance.

Roger

Arno
Arno
14117 posts
expert &
Mar 25, 2015 - 9:40 AM

Hi Roger,

Which website did you visit? Was it this Rail Europe page? You can either choose 8 consecutive days for $387 or 8 days within one month for $434. So that's a $47 difference. The one month starts on the day you activate your pass on a Swiss rail station. From that day on, you have one month to use your 8 travel days. So in your case you will have 2 days without free or discounted traveling.

Further Swiss Travel Pass details are on the pass page.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 2:49 PM by Arno
Sequimer
Sequimer
4 posts
Mar 25, 2015 - 5:49 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno, it looks like the extra cost would allow us to have two non travel days any time during our visit. The cost difference I quoted was the price for two of us. Thanks again for a wonderful web site, free from obnoxious responses.

Roger

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019