Swiss Travel Pass & travelling to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 0:25:22 #815752

Hello all,

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe and will be making Switzerland a large part of it.

We will be purchasing the Swiss Rail Pass to travel throughout Switzerland. I understand that as a Swiss Rail Pass holder, we would receive 50% off the ticket price for the Jungfrau train.

My question is how far can we travel on the Swiss Rail pass train from Interlaken to where the Jungfrau train requires payment? Do we have to get off the regular Swiss rail train and then get on the Jungfrau train that requires the additional ticket?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 1:34:33 #884327

Hi 123justin and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are many Swiss rail passes – I’m guessing you mean the Swiss Travel Pass?

With the Swiss Travel Pass you’ll travel free as far as Grindelwald or Wengen (you can go up one way and down the other – read more here).

From either of those towns you’ll get 25% off the ticket to Jungfraujoch (not 50%). You can buy the ticket before leaving Interlaken (or wherever you start that day). You’ll change trains at either Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald and at Kleine Scheidegg. Use the timetable to plan the trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 2:44:27 #884328

Wow, thanks for the very quick reply and great information.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass & travelling to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.