Swiss Travel Pass use when departing Switzerland

Swiss Travel Pass use when departing Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Walsh016
Walsh016
1 post
Aug 10, 2018 - 3:30 AM

I will travel from Wengen to Stuttgart on the last day of my Swiss Travel Pass. The itinerary is Wengen - Lauterbrunnen - Interlaken Ost - Karlsruhe - Stuttgart.

How much of the trip is included in the Swiss Travel Pass? Does it include the Interlaken - Karlsruhe leg, or part of it? For example, does the pass pay for Interlaken-Basel, but not Basel - Karlsruhe? If so, how should I handle that - book in advance, and/or pay at the ticket counter in Wengen?

So - Should I book all or part of the trip in advance? Is it advisable or necessary to pre-book the German part?

Thanks for your help.

Lucas
Lucas
8177 posts
expert &
Aug 10, 2018 - 5:38 AM in reply to Walsh016

Hi Walsh016 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass just covers travel within Switzerland (check PDF map here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity)

So you'll need a ticket from Basel to Stuttgart. I would buy the ticket in advance, International tickets get more expensive typically, the closer to your departure date.

You can find retailers to buy that ticket from here: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/germany

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018