Aug 25, 2011 - 10:06 PM
I've researched the Swiss rail system extensively, and still find myself confused. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out!!
Here is my itinerary for 2 adults:
1. Geneva -- > Interlaken (CAR) then take train from Interlaken --> Lauterbrunnen
2. Lauterbrunnen --> Jungfrau (taking Wengernalp railway to Kleine Scheidegg, then Jungfraubahn, back down hiking the Panoramaweg Trail and taking cable car from Mannlichen to Wengen, train to Lauterbrunnen)
3. Lauterbrunnen --> Zermatt
4. Zermatt --> Luzern (would like to do Glacier Express to Chur, then take another train from Luzern to Chur)
5. Luzern --> Zurich
My questions are:
1. What is the best rail pass for us??
2. Is there a document that clearly explains the discounts for the different passes/cards specifically for the Jungfrau Region?
3. Is the Glacier Express included in the pass/card you are suggesting?
4. Is it possible to get off the Glacier Express at Chur and get a train to Luzern?
I would greatly appreciate any help!!!!