Which rail pass for 9 nights in Wengen?

Which rail pass for 9 nights in Wengen?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Neshsemani
Neshsemani
4 posts
Jan 15, 2018 - 9:38 AM

We are heading to Wengen end of June and staying for 9nights. My husband and 12 year old son will be travelling to Wengen from Geneva.

1) Is it better for him to purchase the Swiss Railpass or a Swiss Transfer ticket for return travel to Geneva plus an 8 day Jungfrau pass.

Will the Jungfrau pass be sufficient or should we get the Oberland pass.

2) I will be travelling with 2 children aged 8 and 11. We intend to travel by rail from Italy. Should I purchase individual tickets from Italy to Wengen plus a Jungfrau pass for 8 days and a one way ticket to Geneva at end. Or am I better getting the Swiss Railpass?

therr are no options to purchase a 10 day Swiss Travel Pass. So just wondered what the most budget friendly way is to do our trip.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 15, 2018 - 5:44 PM in reply to Neshsemani

Hi Neshsemani, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

In order to pick the best rail pass for your trip read our page on how to choose the best rail pass. You'll need to decide where you will be traveling to during your trip and do the math to see which rail pass is best for you. You can download an excel spreadsheet that can help you with your calculation.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3682 posts
expert
Jan 15, 2018 - 7:46 PM in reply to Neshsemani

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018