Swiss Railways - real time train animation

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Peterli
Peterli
628 posts
top member
Aug 1, 2017 - 6:39 AM

I found this site this evening. It is an animation that shows the movement of everything moving on rails during the course of the day. It is based on the official timetables of the SBB/CFF/FSS and also city and regional transportation systems. You can zoom in on any part of the country you wish, and you can increase the time factor from 1x all the way to 500x. I find that the 1x is the most useful. If you hover your cursor over any train you see moving along the red lines, the train will be identified by number, its destination, the speed (km/h) at which it is moving, and the time it is scheduled to arrive at its destination. I was even able to see the TransN tram 5 moving along the shore from Neuchâtel to Boudry. If you are a train buff, you may end up playing with this site for a while. You can chose three views: map, satellite, and watercolour. If you zoom out so the entire country shows, you will be fascinated by all the blue and red circles blinking and slowly moving along the rail lines. maps.vasile.ch/transit -sbb/

Lucas
Lucas
9606 posts
expert &
Aug 1, 2017 - 7:01 AM in reply to Peterli

Very cool Peterli!

This country is always on the move!

Thanks!
Lucas

Last modified on Aug 1, 2017 - 1:23 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
11355 posts
expert &
Aug 1, 2017 - 1:33 PM

Hi Peterli,

Great tip, thanks! I have not seen such a live train traffic monitor for Switzerland before. I added a link to ir on our timetable page.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Aug 1, 2017 - 10:04 PM in reply to Peterli

Awesome!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018