Swiss Saver Flexipass & Family Card- 3 children

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2011 at 14:47:08 #804545

I bought the Swiss Save Flexipass for use on my trip next week.

I may have bought the wrong pass (or should have bought it using two separate orders). We have two parents plus a grandparent and three children. I thought we could have one child pair with each adult and they would be free. I bought a 3 Adult flexipass and the accompanying Swiss Travel System Family Card (free).

Our Swiss Save Flexipass says it is “valid for groups of 2 to 5 person traveling together”. Not 6 people. Any idea about whether I’m okay or I have to buy another pass for my third child? The Swiss Travel System Family Card does have room for seven children’s names, but I’m worried by the very clear statement on the front of the Flexipass.

Also, after extensive reading of this forum (excellent forum I might add), it appears I just show up at the station and board the train with pass in hand and we are good to go. Do I have that correctly?

Thanks for any guidance you can give me, Larry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 August 2011 at 5:00:16 #833670

Hello Larry, and welcome! The number of people allowed to travel on one Swiss Saver Flexi Pass applies to adults, not to children. So one Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for 3 adults is right, and all 3 children can travel along for free (as long as they’re under 16 and at least one of their parents with the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass joins them) on the STS Family Card. If you would have filled out a larger number of adults than 5 while ordering, you would have automatically received two Swiss Saver Flexi Passes. Does that reassure you?

As for boarding trains: if you use a free travel day, you can just get on and off trains, buses and boats without any additional tickets. On non-free travel days, you’ll have to buy 50% reduced tickets before boarding. Such tickets can easily be purchased at manned desks or at ticketing machines, which have clear instructions in English.

Enjoy your traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 9:11:26 #833671

Thanks, sounds like we’re good with the three kids since they will always be traveling with two parents and a grandparent.

When you say a “free travel day”, I guess you mean the days that we use our Flexipass? In our case we have a 6 days out of the month pass and were going to use if from the Geneva Airport to Lausanne, for four daytrips, and then for the trip returning from Lausanne to the airport.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 August 2011 at 10:03:25 #833672

Yes, Annika meant the 6 days included in your pass. Your pass can be used on the days in between as well, to purchase tickets at half the fare.

• The thread ‘Swiss Saver Flexipass & Family Card- 3 children’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.