Swiss SIM Card covering Austria, Malta and Croatia

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2019 at 3:35:48 #821394

Hi,

Could you suggest what Sim card we need to choose (Vodafone, Orange) that can cover Switzerland,Austria, Malta,Croatia?

Thanks

Cecil

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 May 2019 at 6:21:15 #911350

Hello Cecil,

For Switzerland see http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard.

For further afield see http://www.simcorner.com/ or get googling.

For the best value Swiss data SIM you can’t go past shop.salt.ch/en/plans/ prepay/

The actual offer may be hidden behind a 50% discount pop up which you have to dismiss to see the real deal. Hit the “X” at top right hand corner of the pop up.

It is not officially endorsed by MySwissAlps but I used this SIM when I visited in 2017 and found it great value. We have reports of another member sending weather reports to the forum from the top of Schilthorn using that SIM.

CHF19.95 (when I used this SIM in 2017 it was only CHF10 but still great value) gets you 10 days unlimited high-speed data (assuming you use it only for data and not calls as well).

Make sure your phone is not locked to your home provider. If it is then the Traveller’s WiFi is the go.

• The thread ‘Swiss SIM Card covering Austria, Malta and Croatia’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.