Swiss Snackbox on Grand Tour of Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
deeptimohit
deeptimohit
33 posts
Apr 26, 2019 - 12:30 PM

Hi everyone. I happened to read about the snack box packed with regional delicacies for travellers on the go available at outlets along the Grand Tour of Switzerland. I came across this on the website myswitzerland.com . Has anyone else heard of this or tried it? Is it still available for people not taking the tour?

Luke
Luke
87 posts
Apr 26, 2019 - 3:30 PM in reply to deeptimohit

Hi deeptimohit,

Do you have the web page itself with the details you can link? I can't find it on the myswitzerland page you linked above.

deeptimohit
deeptimohit
33 posts
Apr 26, 2019 - 3:51 PM

I found this here.Don't know whether its still valid. So I thought of asking if anyone else has heard about it.

m.myswitzerland.com/en -in/pages/pages-and-nodes-for-migration-mys19/grand-tour-of-switzerland/snack-box.html

paddington
paddington
272 posts
top member
Apr 26, 2019 - 4:51 PM

The flyer (brochure) in the page you linked to says it is for 2019 and lists the places you can buy it from around Switzerland.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7116 posts
expert
Apr 26, 2019 - 8:43 PM in reply to paddington

Well, that’s a novel marketing idea. A Grand Tour of Switzerland souvenir “lunch-box”! 😎

Last modified on Apr 26, 2019 - 8:45 PM by rockoyster
Steph
Steph
1703 posts
top member &
Apr 27, 2019 - 4:55 AM in reply to deeptimohit

Hi Deeptimohit,

What a nice offer you have found here. I think it's a great way of experiencing local, Swiss food. I've looked into the list of participants on the map in the below link and there are some really, really, reaaaally nice places participating. :)

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-ch/snack-box.html

Thanks a million for sharing, you see, this forum IS give and take!

Best,
Steph

deeptimohit
deeptimohit
33 posts
Apr 27, 2019 - 10:08 AM in reply to Steph

Really nice to hear that Steph :)

Luke
Luke
87 posts
Apr 27, 2019 - 3:15 PM in reply to deeptimohit

Yes that sounds nice indeed! The Grand tour is a marketing term so not a specific "tour" people take - although I am sure there are tours that take it.

It is simply a lovely driving route around Switzerland - the highways are signposted from time to time with "The Grand Tour" on them as well. I know back home in Canada we have similar "scenic highway routes" as well.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6483 posts
expert
Apr 27, 2019 - 11:41 PM in reply to deeptimohit

I did not overlay the map for these meals with the Swiss rail network map , but a glance at the map suggests that many are on train lines.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6483 posts
expert
Apr 27, 2019 - 11:43 PM in reply to rockoyster

<<"Well, that’s a novel marketing idea. A Grand Tour of Switzerland souvenir “lunch-box”! 😎":>>

Zero stars.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6483 posts
expert
Apr 27, 2019 - 11:59 PM in reply to Luke

Hi Luke-

Off topic, but I thought of you when I read this:

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-ch/restaurant-burg-hohenklingen.html

Slowoke

rockoyster
rockoyster
7116 posts
expert
Apr 28, 2019 - 3:49 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Given that gratuitous sarcasm and pedantry share the same bottom rung on the ladder of forum transgressions, I readily accept your score.

In my defence I have to say that my mind was processing the vision of a red tin box being added to the load of an already overburdened train traveller and also wondering how it might qualify as carry-on luggage for the flight home.

The explanation from Lucas above has cleared my mind of the former, but not the latter concern.

Luke
Luke
87 posts
Apr 28, 2019 - 9:30 AM in reply to Slowpoke

It was a nice visit and amazing views at the restaurant though I didn't eat there - They have outdoor tables overlooking the town that can't be beat!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019