Swiss tax refund at Chiasso station?

• Jenner
    Participant
    30 posts
    22 September 2022 at 12:01:41 #828404

Hi,

I need advise on the tax refund.

I bought something at Lucerne, from here I will travel down to Italy by SBB train. I will by~pass Chiasso station then to Milano Central.

Beside Zurich airport, when can I do the tax refund.

When can I get the tax~refund stamp? Can I get at Chiasso station?

Thanks ~ Jenner

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2022 at 19:16:37 #947216

Hi Jenner,

The link “Refund of Swiss VAT” on http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland/practical/websites provides details and a link to a list of locations. As far as I remember, there is a customs office at the train station in Chiassio, but to make sure, please have a look at the link above.

Regards,

Ildiko

MySwissAlps.com recommends reading this: Traveling to Italy from Switzerland

xzzhu22
    Participant
    25 posts
    22 September 2022 at 22:17:11 #947217

OMG I just realized this issue and found this office is only open until 5 or 5:30PM? Is there anyway to stamp after hours?

Anna
    6274 posts
    23 September 2022 at 4:12:51 #947218

Hi xzzhu22,

Some customs office at large border crossings are open 24hours and staffed by border guards. In Chiasso, the custom office is open 24 hours.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Swiss tax refund at Chiasso station?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.