Swiss train pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2015 at 8:01:33 #807287

Hi! I am planning a trip to Switzerland in the first week of July 2015 for around 5-6 days. We plan to stay in Zurich for a day then Lucerne and Interlaken for 2 days reach and then to Geneva. I want to visit as many places as possible around these areas. Please could u help me by advising which train pass will be the best for us (we are traveling with 2 kids). Also we plan to go to Italy from Geneva. Are there train passes that are for italy included as well.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 May 2015 at 9:01:51 #843396

Hi dee10,

Thanks for posting! There is no pass that combines Switzerland and Italy, apart from a Eurail Select Pass, but that one is for four countries. Either a Eurail Italy Pass or point to point tickets will be needed for Italy.

As for Switzerland: you wrote “visit as many places as possible”, so that implies you want to travel around a lot. In that case an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass makes sense. Although I would recommend to make a list of what it is you would like to do, and then pick a pass based on that list, as explained here.

• The thread ‘Swiss train pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.