Swiss train pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dee10
dee10
1 post
May 25, 2015 - 8:01 AM

Hi! I am planning a trip to Switzerland in the first week of July 2015 for around 5-6 days. We plan to stay in Zurich for a day then Lucerne and Interlaken for 2 days reach and then to Geneva. I want to visit as many places as possible around these areas. Please could u help me by advising which train pass will be the best for us (we are traveling with 2 kids). Also we plan to go to Italy from Geneva. Are there train passes that are for italy included as well.

Arno
Arno
12876 posts
expert &
May 25, 2015 - 9:01 AM

Hi dee10,

Thanks for posting! There is no pass that combines Switzerland and Italy, apart from a Eurail Select Pass, but that one is for four countries. Either a Eurail Italy Pass or point to point tickets will be needed for Italy.

As for Switzerland: you wrote "visit as many places as possible", so that implies you want to travel around a lot. In that case an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass makes sense. Although I would recommend to make a list of what it is you would like to do, and then pick a pass based on that list, as explained here.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 4:08 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019