Swiss Transfer Ticket for city to city?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 November 2017 at 16:07:48 #813732

I am arriving in Zurich on Dec 22 and taking the train to Zermatt that day. Then on Dec 26 we are taking the train to Visp to pick up a car, with the rest of our family, which was previously rented by our daughter. Can I use the Swiss Transfer pass to only travel from Zermatt to Visp and not to an airport or border crossing?

Thanks Chris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 November 2017 at 17:02:34 #872331

Hi dozier6568 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket is only valid between a town and an airport or border town unfortunately. In your case the cost would definitely not be worth it.

If you are planning on taking other trains or cable cars/gondolas within Switzerland you may want to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card to get you 50% off all tickets. Otherwise a point to point ticket to Zermatt and then to Visp. Visp to Zermatt would be around 15chf only.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 December 2017 at 7:42:29 #872332

Hi Chris,

Lucas is correct here as Visp is not a border town nor an airport. However, theoretically you can fill out Geneva airport or Zurich airport as your destination. You just get off the train in Visp and not complete the trip. Nobody will be stopping you from doing so. You still save a bit as normal tickets would cost you CHF 167 and a Swiss Transfer Ticket is only CHF 146.

But I also think the Swiss Half Fare Card probably makes more sense as you can use it for discounted cable car rides in Zermatt too.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket for city to city?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.