Swiss Transfer Ticket for Basel – Wengen – Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 9:24:14 #809101

Hi,

I would like to check if my below itinerary does eligible for Swiss transfer ticket and Swiss transfer ticket combi.

13 June Night train from Amsterdam to Basel SBB

14 June Reach Basel SBB @6am in the morning, continue travel to Wengen

stay 2 night at Wengen

16 June travel from Wengen to Milan, Italy

your help is highly appreciated.

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    4 May 2016 at 14:58:26 #851578

Hi johnyloy, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can use the Swiss Transfer Ticket. In your case I recommend the Combi variant, in order to receive a 50% discount on trips made from Wengen (assuming you’ll be using some local public transportation there). The legs Basel-Wengen and Wengen-Domodossola at the Swiss/Italian border will be covered, so you’ll need additional tickets Amsterdam-Basel and Domodossola-Milan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2016 at 2:23:22 #851579

Hi Annika,

Thanks for the info.

Is the trip going up to Jungfraujoch also eligible for 50% discount with combi variant?

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2016 at 13:32:11 #851580

Hi johnyloy,

Yes, absolutely. Everything discounted with the Swiss Half Fare Card is also discounted with the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi. A detailed map can be found here: myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard/ validity.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket for Basel – Wengen – Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.