Swiss Transfer Ticket discontinued at end of 2018

Swiss Transfer Ticket discontinued at end of 2018

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rockoyster
rockoyster
3730 posts
expert
Apr 14, 2018 - 10:49 PM

Hi Gang,

I chanced upon a news item that said sale of the Swiss Transfer Ticket will be discontinued at the end of 2018.

It also said sale of the “Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi incl. Swiss Half Fare Card” would not be affected. What even is that?

Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Apr 15, 2018 - 7:35 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster,

I haven't heard of that yet. Where did you find the article? The Combi is a Swiss Transfer Ticket that includes a Swiss Half Fare Card, but that is discontinued already, as well as the same thing for the Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3730 posts
expert
Apr 15, 2018 - 8:06 AM in reply to Arno

Got it here www.mystsnet.com/en/ne ws/abschaffung-swiss-transfer-ticket/ Arno.

There is some mention of it on TripAdviser but I didn't scout around for too long.

Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Apr 15, 2018 - 3:02 PM in reply to rockoyster

Looks like it is true, thanks for the update! I will adapt our Swiss Transfer Ticket page accordingly. I'm not surprised about this. Is hasn't exactly been the most popular ticket because it was the best/cheapest option in only very few cases. The Combi variant apparently still was a tailor made option for some travel agencies, but it has already been discontinued as a mainstream product.

Last modified on Apr 15, 2018 - 3:03 PM by Arno
Rubmat
Rubmat
12 posts
Apr 22, 2018 - 5:10 PM

Hi Rockoyster,

This discount is not a new thing, every year there is a 7% discount on the Transfer ticket usually from about July till about September, not valid if you buy it at sbb itself, you need to buy it by STC

regards

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018