Swiss Transfer Ticket discontinued at end of 2018

• rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 April 2018 at 22:49:59 #815327

Hi Gang,

I chanced upon a news item that said sale of the Swiss Transfer Ticket will be discontinued at the end of 2018.

It also said sale of the “Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi incl. Swiss Half Fare Card” would not be affected. What even is that?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 April 2018 at 7:35:21 #882265

Hi Rockoyster,

I haven’t heard of that yet. Where did you find the article? The Combi is a Swiss Transfer Ticket that includes a Swiss Half Fare Card, but that is discontinued already, as well as the same thing for the Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 April 2018 at 8:06:32 #882266

Got it here http://www.mystsnet.com/en/ne ws/abschaffung-swiss-transfer-ticket/ Arno.

There is some mention of it on TripAdviser but I didn’t scout around for too long.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 April 2018 at 15:02:31 #882267

Looks like it is true, thanks for the update! I will adapt our Swiss Transfer Ticket page accordingly. I’m not surprised about this. Is hasn’t exactly been the most popular ticket because it was the best/cheapest option in only very few cases. The Combi variant apparently still was a tailor made option for some travel agencies, but it has already been discontinued as a mainstream product.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2018 at 17:10:02 #882268

Hi Rockoyster,

This discount is not a new thing, every year there is a 7% discount on the Transfer ticket usually from about July till about September, not valid if you buy it at sbb itself, you need to buy it by STC

regards

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket discontinued at end of 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.