Buy Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi via Swiss Railways

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2015 at 8:03:14 #807412

Hi,

I was about to order the swiss transfer ticket combi for 3 adults for the end of august, I was about to order from the official site of the swiss railways, and to ask for the family card since we’ll be traveling with my 8 and 10 years old sons (and also a 5 years old but I understand I dont need to add him to the travel card since he’s free), but I have a few questions:

1. dont I need to write our names somehow? and the names of the kids? the site didnt give me these options and it went almost straight to the payment. how will they know which names to write on the tickests and on the family card?

2. the site didnt give me any option besides picking the tickets at the airoport and pay extra money for it, isnt there a way to print the tickets at home?

3. does our 5 years old also need to be mentioned somehow in the family card like my 8 and 10 years old? or he can hop with us on the train without any ticket?

4. can you recommend me a site where I can order the swiss transfer ticket combi and print it at home?

thanks a lot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 June 2015 at 16:52:46 #843844

Hi taltulin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! To make sure we’re talking about the same website, the page you need on the official Swiss Railways site is http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/node/306.

1. You don’t need to provide them names. You’ll write the names on your pass yourself, as well as your passport numbers. The names should match the names in your passport.

2. You can indeed print the tickets at home. Once you have filled out your address (most importantly: your country), you can pick your shipping option under ‘Delivery information’. Pick ‘Online Ticket’, the last option listed.

3. You can write him on the Swiss Family Card, but you don’t need to as all children up to 5 years old travel for free. While traveling, you do need a passport to prove his age.

4. Yes, it’s the one I mentioned above.

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Buy Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi via Swiss Railways’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.