Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi – eticket option?

• sburns30
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 April 2016 at 23:48:44 #808900

I am debating between purchasing two of the Half Price cards (plus the free family card) for our family this summer, or the Transfer Ticket combi, which comes out slightly cheaper, but the combi ticket only seems to be available if you have it shipped to you. The regular Transfer Ticket you can print out no problem, the half price card you can print out also. Is there a reason the Transfer Ticket combi has to be mailed out? The option to print that one out is definitely not there. Thanks for any insight into this.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 April 2016 at 5:58:49 #850739

Welcome sburns30!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi indeed cannot be printed at home. Print at home Swiss rail passes are relatively new, and they started making it available for the “simplest” and most popular products. I’m sure the combi passes will also be available for printing some day.

Note that shipping is free from $449 if you order through the American website http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-transfer-ticket-with-half-fare-card-combi/index.html. I’m not sure if you need anything else (another $29 would result in a $449 order value). If so, that would be a good option.

If not, you can print the Swiss Half Fare Cards and Swiss Family Card at home by going to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and select “Online Ticket” when they list the shipping options. It takes 1 to 3 business days to receive the e-mail with the passes.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi – eticket option?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.