Swiss Transfer Ticket day after arrival?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 10:25:11 #811941

Hi

Thanks for this very informative site.

I’d appreciate advice on our proposed itinerary for January 2018 as I’m not clear about the Swiss Transfer ticket rules.

Option 1

Arrive Basel airport Day 1 (stay Basel city)

Train Basel to Zermatt Day 2

Train Zermatt to Zurich Day 10 (stay Zurich city)

Depart Zurich Airport Day 11 (pay for this train transfer separately)

Option 2

The same as option 1 but train out of Basel on day 1

We are 2 adults and 3 children.

Questions:

1. We’d prefer option 1 (because of flight times) if possible – is this OK on the transfer ticket?

2. Is it ok to return to Zurich the day before we leave or does it need to be on our departure day?

3. I believe that children travel free if we obtain a Swiss family card – how does this work with seat reservations (or is there always space and reservations unnecessary)?

Thanks for your help

Tony

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 15:23:06 #863717

Hi Tony and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, it isn’t an issue – they won’t check what date you arrived in country – you pick the dates of use
    2. Same as above – no problem (you just have to buy tickets between the city and airport separately).
      Read all about the Swiss Transfer Ticket here.
    3. Yes, children under 16 travel free with the Swiss Family Card. Reservations are not needed (or indeed available on most trains within Switzerland). There is seat space available 95% of the time – from time to time on busy days/time/routes standing is possible for short periods but very uncommon.

I hope that helps!

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket day after arrival?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.