Swiss Transfer Ticket vs Saver Day Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2018 at 22:28:07 #819211

Hi, I’m going to Zermatt for a week from Zurich in January. I just noticed that the transfer ticket will no longer be sold at the end of December, but I can still use it in January. Everywhere I’ve read said to get the Transfer ticket, but I just checked the saver day pass and it quoted 70 chf each way. Am I not better off with 2 saver day passes at 140 vs 154 chf? Am I missing something? I was planning to stop for a few hours in Bern and/or Thun.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 7:54:57 #900538

Hi Marv,

No you aren’t missing anything. 🙂

The Saver Day Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass) is essentially replacing the Swiss Transfer Ticket and it is generally the better deal while both are available to compare.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 18:38:03 #900539

In that case, I could take the Glacier Express back to Zurich through Chur with the Saver Day Pass. If I get the pass with first class, does that grant me first class on the GE? Is the meal included in first class? It is only 18 francs more for me to get first class on the saver day pass and the seat reservation is the the same for first and second class.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 20:02:11 #900540

Correct, you can use the Saver Day Pass for the Glacier Express train. You just need to make the seat reservation on top of that. http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/packages

Meals are an extra cost in First class but can be ordered and served at your seat which is nice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 20:27:53 #900541

So other than the extra cost to make the saver day pass first class, there’s no extra cost to get first class on the GE?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2018 at 7:27:23 #900542

Just the seat reservation as well.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket vs Saver Day Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.