Swiss Travel Pass – Purchase online?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2017 at 13:33:52 #812218

Hi,

I want to buy the Swiss Travel Card for me, for me husband an Swiss Family Card for my daughter.

I used the official site http://www.swissrailways.com.

If I choose the delivery options print at home for Swiss Travel Pass, I have to fill in the passengers data.

But if I choose the deleivery byTNT Express or Airport Collection, I do not have to fill in the passengers data. I must fill only my name.

On your site I read that: “Once you’re on board, you will need to present your Swiss Travel Pass to ticket controllers upon request. The controller may want to check your passport as well, to make sure you’re the owner of the presented pass”.

Is it ok not to fill in the name of the passengers when ordering the card with TNT delivery ? Will I have trouble on the train ?

Thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2017 at 14:26:31 #864925

Hi PISICAANA,

If the pass doesn’t come with those details printed on it then you need to fill it in yourself once you recieve the pass.

In the end it would be much more convenient to buy it online and have it emailed to you.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 10:40:16 #864926

Thanks for the help !

I buy online the Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Family Card.

I saw that the passport number for my daughter does not appear on the Swiss Family Card. Only the name and date of birth are filled in on the Swiss Family Card ( in Additional Passengers ). For me the country and the passport number are filled in.

What should I do in this situation ?

Thank you again !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 12:08:02 #864927

Typically they do not put the Passport details on the Swiss Family Card – See our page here on how to use the card.

If there is a spot for the passport details on the card filling it in yourself is normal.

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 12:19:39 #864928

What does it mean “You need to make sure that the Swiss Family Card is valid before you start traveling.” ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 15:53:15 #864929

See the card for details on how to do so. You usually need to fill out the names of the parent(s), the names of the children, and their birth dates (if they aren’t there already).

Once that information is on the card it is valid and ready to travel

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – Purchase online?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.