Swiss travel in July – help put itinerary together

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2018 at 16:26:53 #816658

Hi to all,

I am amazed at the info and travel-related-guidance posted by many contributors in this forum.

I will be reaching Interlaken on 12th July and will be taking a 15 day swiss travel pass though my total stay will be just 10-12 days in switzerland.

I have made reservations for the following

19th july glacier exp Zermatt to St Moritz

20th july Bernina Express Tirano to Chur and return to TIRANO same night

21st July Bernina Bus Tirano to LUGANO

Apart from this I have shortlisted the following places of my interest

JUNGFRAU, ST.MORITZ, GOLDEN PASS LINE (Zweisimmen and Montreux), SWISS MINIATUR & MELIDE boad ride, Trummelbach falls, Boat rides at Lucerne/Interlaken/Geneva, Visit to Lindt Choc Factory if it can fit in somewhere.

I would really much appreciate suggestions in putting together an itenary so I can cover these in the dates between 12th to 24th July , as I will leave for Germany on 25th july.morning.

Any suggestions to add/replace any places of interest would be welcome.

Very eagerly looking forward to suggestions/recommendations and also my trip.

Regards/ Rajan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 8:08:34 #888362

Hi Rajan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We don’t create itineraries here but can help you adjust your own to make it work for you as best it can. 🙂

You’ll want to start with the Swiss railways timetable to plan out trips between all the towns and attractions: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Are you staying in Interlaken for the whole trip or have you not decided that yet?Are you looking for suggestions on where to stay after Interlaken or have you decided that? It sounds like you have at least 1 night in Tirano…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 10:48:57 #888363

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes I would very much appreciate your inputs in putting together an itinerary for me and I give below some further details.

I have made the following tentative bookings which can be modified/cancelled till 5th July. So kindly suggest whatever changes you feel will make my trip really memorable and enjoyable. Only the 19th/20/21st tours cannot be altered.

12th to 18th – I have hotel booking at Bonigen (close to Interlaken) as I found the tariff were quite high for those dates at interlaken. (I May shift to Interlaken if I get a price-drop alert)

18-19 – booked at zermatt

19-20 yet to book

20-21 booked at Tirano

Other dates/other places are open awaiting price-drop alerts

As I mentioned above, these bookings (except of 19/20/21) are tentative and changes can be made as per suggestions from you.

I would like a mix of few mountain tours/Trummelbach falls/boat trips/2 museum visits/city tours/1 chocolate tour

All ideas and suggestions for any modifications in the tours would be most welcome.

I dont do any skiing or hiking.

Should you require any further info from me please do write to me.

And by the way, tho I mentioned that I may limit my Swiss tour to 10-12 days, if you feel I should extend to full 15 days, I can do so.

Thanking you in advance and very much eagerly awaiting your inputs.

regards

Rajan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 16:34:39 #888364

Hi Rajan,

Our website can give you all the ideas and tips to create your itinerary. Have a read through the following links to help create your itinerary:

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 June 2018 at 8:20:40 #888365

Hi Rajan,

Even though your wrote you don’t do hiking, I’d recommend to consider some walks anyway. “Hiking” may sound strenuous but that’s not what it has to be. There are also simple 1 to 2 hours walks in Switzerland. Walking allows you to see and experience thing you’d otherwise miss. You’ll find suggestions on all our activity pages, like the first one Lucas linked to, and here: http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 16:03:59 #888366

Hi Arno & Lucas

Thanks for the reply.

I meant mountain hiking.

I do regular walking and especially during travels, I like to explore on foot.

Thanks again

regards

rajan

• The thread ‘Swiss travel in July – help put itinerary together’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.