Rail pass for 5 days for Jungfraujoch and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2019 at 16:00:02 #823838

Hi there! I’m trying to determine which (if any) rail pass would be best for my family’s upcoming trip to Switzerland and would very much appreciate your help. We have four days in Switzerland: 2 days in Lucerne and 2 days in the Jungfrau Region.

Day 1 & 2: we’ll take the train from Zurich airport directly to Lucerne. In addition to exploring the city, we’re hoping to take a boat tour on Lake Lucerne and reach the summit of Pilatus via train/cable car.

Day 3 & 4: we’ll travel from Lucerne to Wengen, where we’ll stay for our final 2 nights. In addition to exploring the other towns of the Jungrau Region (hike around, see Staubbach Falls, etc.), we may want to travel up to Jungfraujoch, ride the Schilthornbahn, and/or travel to Schynige Platte, all of which I’ve read would require transport tickets not fully covered by any rail pass.

Morning 5: travel from Wengen to Basel and then from Basel, onto Paris.

My understanding is that given this travel schedule, buying rail passes would likely be economical. My question is, which pass would best align with our travel for this trip: the Swiss Travel Pass or the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass?

• The thread ‘Rail pass for 5 days for Jungfraujoch and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.