Swiss Travel Pass validity in the Jungfrau region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2017 at 15:23:06 #810513

Are the railways in the Bernes Oberland included in this pass?

For example – Lauterbrunnen – Wengen

Wengen – Kleine Schidegg

Kleine Schidegg – Grindelwald?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 January 2017 at 15:43:26 #857767

Hi katiewatson, glad you’re joining us at MySwissAlps!

You’d best consult our Swiss Travel Pass validity page and download the coverage map. All routes are indicated there. For your specific routes: Lauterbrunnen-Wengen is fully covered, Wengen-Kleine Scheidegg-Grindelwald is 25% off.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2017 at 15:45:33 #857768

Would you know if the cable car from Lauterbrunnen up to Murren railway is also included?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2017 at 15:47:07 #857769

Sorry I just have one more question.

Could we use the Swiss travel pass as a transfer pass from Zurich Airport to Lauterbrunnen Valley?

Thanks

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 January 2017 at 16:04:06 #857770

Hi katiewatson!

Both routes from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren (both via Grütschalp as well as via Stechelberg) are covered. Rides from Zurich Airport to the Lauterbrunnen valley and back are for free as well.

Did you study the page and the map I linked to? All covered lines are indicated there. Please let me know if you’re having trouble understanding the map and the attractions listed at that page. Just asking because I think it’s easier for you to be able to interpret the validity information, rather than having to inquire about each route :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2017 at 16:06:51 #857771

Thank you so much!!

yeah I am finding the map quite hard to understand as the smaller routes such as winged – grindlewald I can’t seem to find?

Also cable cars, I don’t know how to place these on the map.

Thanks for your help

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 January 2017 at 16:20:53 #857772

Hi katiewatson, thanks for letting me know! You may not have discovered yet that you can zoom in. Most browsers and pdf readers have a magnifier symbol with a “plus” icon you can click. This way you get to see a lot more details. Using another parallel map allowing you to search for towns and other places, such as this one, may help too. That will help you pick the right area to zoom into. Mind to use the right spelling (eg. Wengen, Grindelwald) when looking for specific locations.

Does that help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2017 at 16:22:08 #857773

Thank You.

This is much clearer now.

Katie

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass validity in the Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.