Swiss Travel Pass 25% off for trips in 2021/2022

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 July 2021 at 13:55:13 #935400

Hi Heart Voyage,

The pass is valid for entire days and until 5:00 AM after the last day. Please find it explained at our Swiss Travel Pass page: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse.

There is no app needed. You will receive a PDF document that you can print and store on your phone or tablet in any way you prefer (also see my first link).

All 3 websites mentioned in my first post are perfectly fine. SBB at https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/#/en/home is simple to use I think. But HappyRail often is slightly cheaper and offers almost any point to point ticket you can think of: https://www.happyrail.com/en/pass/europe/switzerland/swiss-travel-pass-consecutive.

Heart_Voyage
    Participant
    99 posts
    1 July 2021 at 14:30:12 #935401

Arno.

Thank you so much.

Thy

Aravind
    Participant
    4 posts
    1 July 2021 at 18:05:06 #935402

Hi,

Do promotions like this happen often or atleast once a year? Our plan is for September 2022 and we wouldn’t want to change it unless it’s for something amazing, like THIS. We’re very tempted by this offer and would like to know if there is any chance that we may be able to get a similar offer for September 2022.

Thank you

Anna
    6382 posts
    1 July 2021 at 18:27:18 #935403

Hi Aravind,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

I don’t think this kind of promotion happens every year 🙂 It’s a special promotion in my opinion to welcome travellers back as the country reopens its borders again.

Regards,

Anna

Aravind
    Participant
    4 posts
    1 July 2021 at 18:29:38 #935404

Thank you for your quick reply. We’ll think about this and maybe make some changes in our plans 🙂

Anna
    6382 posts
    1 July 2021 at 18:31:41 #935405

Hi Aravind,

But if you read Arno’s first post again (on this thread), he said there will be a price drop in 2022 🙂

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2021 at 18:52:06 #935406

I can’t seem to enter our dates for late April, 2022. Does this 25% off STP apply to travelers in April?

Aravind
    Participant
    4 posts
    1 July 2021 at 19:43:31 #935407

Yes, I have seen that. But this offer is just too good to pass up. Good thing we have almost a month to decide 🙂

Laurae
    Participant
    47 posts
    1 July 2021 at 22:37:57 #935408

@Aravind,

I’ve gone to Switzerland 7 times since 2012, traveling in the months of May, June, July, & August. I’ve seen discounts only in 2012 (20%) & 2013 (15%) and the one year they offered discounts for parking your car in the SBB lot while you took the train. That one didn’t apply to me as I go from plane to train to enjoy this splendid country. The Swiss public transport is the best! I’m beyond amazed this popped up just in time for our trip this August. What a deal!

Laurae

Laurae
    Participant
    47 posts
    1 July 2021 at 22:49:11 #935409

@Heart Voyage. The STP will cover all Post Bus travel, trams & busses in most cities, many boats, and you show it to get 25-50% off funiculars and special mountain excursions. Lately they’ve also included free passes to certain mountain excursions; this year it’s Rigi, Stanserhorn (highly recommended), Stoos (on my list for this year!), & Klewenalp, I believe. It also covers entrance to hundreds of museums, including the open air museum at Ballenberg. It’s all you need. Every trip I’ve taken (7) I’ve gone back after my travels and broken out what I would have paid individually and I’ve always saved at least 45chf if not way more. Add that to the ease of just hopping on any transportation without having to get a ticket and being free to change your mind or add an additional side spur of travel and it’s a no-brainer if you’re itinerary is to see the country.

Laurae

Aravind
    Participant
    4 posts
    1 July 2021 at 23:18:29 #935410

Thank you for sharing your experience. It’ll definitely help us in making a decision

Xpresso
    Participant
    93 posts
    2 July 2021 at 0:26:11 #935411

When getting the STP for my family (and the family card since I have a 14 year old) does anyone know if there’s an “add on” ticket for my dog? He’s only 6 lbs and will ride in a backpack.

Heart_Voyage
    Participant
    99 posts
    2 July 2021 at 0:43:31 #935412

Hi Laurae,

Did you mean if I have STP, I can just get on the train to where I need to go and don’t even need to come to the ticket booth to get the ticket? Would you please confirm? It sounds too good. Time is money and that is very convenient.

If it is yes, how can I reserve a seat on some trains? I thought I would need a ticket in order to pay for reserved seats. Sorry I have not taken any trains in Switzerland and I may have silly questions.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!!!

Thy

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 July 2021 at 5:40:55 #935413

Hi Thy,

Laurae’s right. With the Swiss Travel Pass, you don’t need to get a ticket for every journey. You can get unlimited rides on any public transport (bus, tram, trains, boats) for as long as your railpass is valid. You just need to have the pass with you at all time and show it when asked. Seat reservations on trains are not required except on panoramic trains such as the Glacier Express and Bernina Express. You can find information about the panoramic trains here: http://www.myswissalps.com/activities/scenictrips/train

Details about how to use the Swiss Travel Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

Regards,

Anna

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 July 2021 at 5:45:50 #935414

Hi Nstpie,

Please use the link to Happy Rail’s site for start date up to 11 months in the future.

http://www.happyrail.com/en/pass/europe/switzerland/swiss-travel-pass-consecutive

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anna

Anna
    6382 posts
    2 July 2021 at 6:45:14 #935415

Hi Xpresso,

Small dogs can travel with you free of charge as carriage hand luggage provided they are in a carrier, basket or other suitable container. Otherwise you would need to get a dog pass or a ticket. You can find more information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/dogs

Regards,

Anna

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 July 2021 at 8:52:48 #935416

Hi Xpresso! This page explains about train traveling with a dog: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/dogs. Small dogs that are carried and that don’t take up seating space can travel along for free.

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    2 July 2021 at 10:44:07 #935417

We are planning to purchase a 15 day STP for July 2022. When is the best time to purchase it since it appears we will not get the 25% discount? Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2021 at 10:45:59 #935418

Thanks. I didn’t realize Happy Rail was the only choice for buying now to use in April. This company’s cancellation policy has a 15% hold on your payment. Should another lockdown happen I was hoping to go with a vendor with 100% back even if it’s 4 days prior to use. Glad we have a few weeks to decide.

Theresa_bloc
    Participant
    13 posts
    2 July 2021 at 11:53:05 #935419

Hi,

Is there a reason why the start date needs to be before end Dec 2021 if you purchase from SBB?

In the past I’ve always purchased through SBB and have always received good service. There seems to be more flexibility with the other agents but I’m not keen to change. Is there any chance that SBB may change this before the special ends?

Thanks

Theresa

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass 25% off for trips in 2021/2022’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.