Swiss Travel Pass 25% off until 11 December 2021

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    4 December 2021 at 11:04:18 #937228

Hi Julianagen,

I understand your concern. If it’s any consolation I have my full name on my passport but just my first and last name on my Swiss Pass. So far I have no issues. As long as your birthdate and your main names match, I’m sure you will be fine.

If you need further reassurance, you may contact the SBB customer service through its official website.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2021 at 13:14:54 #937229

Thanks Anna. I feel more assured now.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2021 at 14:14:49 #937230

I ordered my STP rail tickets through the STC website. I did this yesterday (Friday) afternoon central time. On their website they say they provide “Immediate confirmation”. I have not received any emails yet (now Saturday morning). Since my purchase submission was considered an evening bordering on a weekend in Switzerland time zone, should I not expect a reply for a couple of days?

I have checked my spam folder. My purchase is for Sept 2022. My purchase is for the 25% discount which has a Dec 11 deadline.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 December 2021 at 15:48:10 #937231

Hi Julianagen,

No worries. Your husband’s middle name doesn’t have to be on the pass. First and last name are fine. Long last names sometimes can’t even be fully printed on the pass, so train conductors are used to such minor differences. Note that there’s no need to validate your pass after you’ve ordered it, and you won’t be able to change anything by visiting a manned desk in Switzerland (http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse). But as said, you won’t have any problems with this.

As for your order: normally you should receive your pass quickly indeed. Was your order fully completed, including payment? I suggest you wait until Monday. If you haven’t received anything yet by then, you’d best contact Switzerland Travel Centre: http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutus/partners/sbb. They indeed won’t be able to answer during weekends. You’re well in time for the December 11 promotion, so this should all be fine. If you can’t get it solved, please e-mail us your order details and we’ll look into it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2021 at 16:39:56 #937232

Thanks Annika. I will email them on Monday. I did process through to the payment option. It appeared to complete. So either I missed a final step or had a typo in my email address (although I proof read everything).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2021 at 17:05:28 #937233

To all,

I emailed STC and haven’t heard back from them. Rather than wait anymore, I went to their website again and processed my purchase again. Since it was still in my checkout basket, I just entered the payment info again. I think I missed the last step. Which is where a screen appears showing the purchase amount in the USD and CHF currency. I didn’t realize I was supposed to click one of them to complete the process. I thought it was just informational only.

I do have another rail pass question though. Our stay in Switzerland is going to be for 17 days. So I ordered two 15 day passes. Then I tried to order a 2 day pass. But that is not an option. So, what’s the best time to purchase our final two days of our travel? Should we just purchase them during some time that we’re there? Or will it be better/cheaper to purchase them closer to our departure of Sept 2022?

Thank you all!

Anna
    6362 posts
    6 December 2021 at 19:32:06 #937234

Hi Julianagen,

For the remaining two days, you could either get Saver Day Passes or point-to-point tickets depending what your travel plans are. More information about each option from the following links:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2021 at 21:50:26 #937235

Hi Anna,

Yes, I will use one or both of the ticket options you listed. I just wanted to know if anyone had any advice on when would be the best time to purchase them. Meaning, is it cheaper to get them earlier (before our trip) or just get them when we’re there. The last two days we will be in Lucerne and might take advantage of a boat excursion or take in a museum or something The 2nd/last day we will only need a train ticket to take us back to Zurich airport for our departure.

I just viewed the Saver Day Pass posting. It does suggest getting a ticket earlier (60 days) may be cheaper and waiting could mean they get sold out. So I may have answered my own question :-).

Clarification: We will be in Lucerne for the last 4 days of our trip. It’s just the last two days that we don’t have rail passes for. The more I think about it, we probably won’t do any rail or boat travel on the second to last day of our trip. So I think we’ll just need a point-to-point ticket for our last day to get us to the Zurich airport.

Thanks!

Anna
    6362 posts
    7 December 2021 at 8:03:23 #937236

Hi Julianagen,

You’re right about getting point-to-point tickets to travel from Lucerne to Zurich Airport. This would be more practical than getting a Saver Day Pass. And if you are staying in Lucerne for the remaining two days of your trip, you can use the visitor card to use the local public transportation for free to explore the city. The visitor cards are usually given free by your hotel provider. Details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/lucerne/travel

And just to confirm, the Saver Day Pass is cheaper if you book it early.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2021 at 13:38:38 #937237

Thank you Anna.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass 25% off until 11 December 2021’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.