Swiss Travel Pass – Pilatus, Jungfrau, Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2017 at 14:42:09 #811424

Hallo Friends,

I am travelling to Switzerland in June, 2017. I am planning to get Swiss Travel pass for 4 days. I checked this site and forum and it really helped me a lot to get detailed information. But still I do have some more queries on its validity as pointed out below. Can any one please help me to clear the queries?

1) Is Swiss travel pass valid on ferry from Lucerne to Alpnachstad and return to Lucerne?

2) From Mt. Pilatus to Lucerne, if I follow the route like a) by cable car down to Fräkmüntegg; b) by gondola down to Kriens; is this travel pass valid or discounted?

3) As in the site it is mentioned, this travel pass is free for Golden Pass Line from Montreux to Lucerne, is this valid for other way round? means valid from Lucerne to Interlaken as well and any prior seat reservation is required?

4) For trip to Jungfraujoch, it is mentioned, from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch it is 25% discounted. Is this discount rate applicable on both the trains a) Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and b) Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch?

5) On the return trip from Jungfraujoch to Interlaken Ost, if I follow the route of Lauterbrunnen, what is the train changing station from Kleine Scheidegg , is this Lauterbrunnen or Wengen? and the 25% discount rate is applicable here also?

Thanks in advance for your kind response!

Diya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2017 at 6:21:13 #861634

Hi Diya2017 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass covers the ferry on Lake Luzern (local German spelling)
    2. Yes, all routes are covered to Mt. Pilatus
    3. You are covered for the route – direction doesn’t matter 🙂 reservations are optional and extra – click here for more details.
    4. The ticket you buy (25% off) covers the entire route between Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch.
    5. You would travel via Wengen and it is also 25% off with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Be sure to read our page on the areas of validity on the Swiss Travel Pass (and open the map as well).

Cheers!
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 11:42:50 #861635

Hi friends,

(1) For the Golden Pass Line, what is the duration from Luzern to Montreux?

(2) What is the duration from Montreux to Interlaken OST?

(3) If I am holding a Swiss Travel Pass, should I still purchase Jungfrau Travel Pass? I’ll be at Interlaken for three days.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Irene.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 16:05:20 #861636

Hi Irene1969 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Train schedules and duration can be found here.

I doubt it will be worth the cost to also buy the Jungfrau Travel Pass as well – it depends on what your travel plans are around Interlaken. You can compare what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here compared to the Jungfrau Travel Pass here.

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 18:08:02 #861637

Hi Lucas,

Many thanks for your response !!

Regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 5:48:15 #861638

HI Lucas,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 6:46:20 #861639

Hi Nilima,

What was the question I replied to for you? Was it another thread? 🙂

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – Pilatus, Jungfrau, Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.