Swiss Travel Pass - Pilatus, Jungfrau, Golden Pass

Swiss Travel Pass - Pilatus, Jungfrau, Golden Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Diya2017
Diya2017
2 posts
Apr 16, 2017 - 2:42 PM

Hallo Friends,

I am travelling to Switzerland in June, 2017. I am planning to get Swiss Travel pass for 4 days. I checked this site and forum and it really helped me a lot to get detailed information. But still I do have some more queries on its validity as pointed out below. Can any one please help me to clear the queries?

1) Is Swiss travel pass valid on ferry from Lucerne to Alpnachstad and return to Lucerne?

2) From Mt. Pilatus to Lucerne, if I follow the route like a) by cable car down to Fräkmüntegg; b) by gondola down to Kriens; is this travel pass valid or discounted?

3) As in the site it is mentioned, this travel pass is free for Golden Pass Line from Montreux to Lucerne, is this valid for other way round? means valid from Lucerne to Interlaken as well and any prior seat reservation is required?

4) For trip to Jungfraujoch, it is mentioned, from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch it is 25% discounted. Is this discount rate applicable on both the trains a) Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and b) Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch?

5) On the return trip from Jungfraujoch to Interlaken Ost, if I follow the route of Lauterbrunnen, what is the train changing station from Kleine Scheidegg , is this Lauterbrunnen or Wengen? and the 25% discount rate is applicable here also?

Thanks in advance for your kind response!

Diya

Lucas
Lucas
8820 posts
expert &
Apr 17, 2017 - 6:21 AM in reply to Diya2017

Hi Diya2017 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass covers the ferry on Lake Luzern (local German spelling)
  2. Yes, all routes are covered to Mt. Pilatus
  3. You are covered for the route - direction doesn't matter :) reservations are optional and extra - click here for more details.
  4. The ticket you buy (25% off) covers the entire route between Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch.
  5. You would travel via Wengen and it is also 25% off with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Be sure to read our page on the areas of validity on the Swiss Travel Pass (and open the map as well).

Cheers!
Lucas

Last modified on Apr 17, 2017 - 6:51 PM by Lucas
Irene1969
Irene1969
1 post
Apr 18, 2017 - 11:42 AM

Hi friends,

(1) For the Golden Pass Line, what is the duration from Luzern to Montreux?

(2) What is the duration from Montreux to Interlaken OST?

(3) If I am holding a Swiss Travel Pass, should I still purchase Jungfrau Travel Pass? I'll be at Interlaken for three days.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Irene.

Lucas
Lucas
8820 posts
expert &
Apr 18, 2017 - 4:05 PM in reply to Irene1969

Hi Irene1969 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Train schedules and duration can be found here.

I doubt it will be worth the cost to also buy the Jungfrau Travel Pass as well - it depends on what your travel plans are around Interlaken. You can compare what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here compared to the Jungfrau Travel Pass here.

Cheers,
Lucas

Diya2017
Diya2017
2 posts
Apr 23, 2017 - 6:08 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Many thanks for your response !!

Regards,

nilima
nilima
5 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 5:48 AM

HI Lucas,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response...

Lucas
Lucas
8820 posts
expert &
Apr 24, 2017 - 6:46 AM in reply to nilima

Hi Nilima,

What was the question I replied to for you? Was it another thread? :)

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018