Last minute Swiss Travel Pass from Malaysia

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 5:24:58 #811498

Hi,

Could you please help me with the following?
    I am Liza froma Malaysia. I’am coming to Switzerland this 22 April until 29 April. My Internary is Zurich-Lucerna-Interlaken-Zermat-Zurich. I would like to buy swiss travell pass when I arrive in Switzerland on 25 April 2017. My question :

1. Can I be absolutely sure that I will be able to buy a Swiss pass at Zurich airport? I will arrive at the airport at 19.30 pm and I will need a Swiss pass immediately to go to Lucerna and Interlaken on 26 April. Are Swiss passes always available at Zurich airport for date 26-29 April (for 4 Days)? Do I risk anything if I do not buy in advance?

2. Will it take much time to buy it? and what document required tu buy it (ex : pasport and photo pasport size)

I am really worried about these because i ready booked hotel at interlaken and zermatt
    Thank you very much in advance.

Liza

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 9:48:48 #861965

Hi Liza, and welcome to MySwissAlps.

Opening hours of the SBB office at Zürich Flughafen (Airport) are 07:00 – 19:00. If you arrive at the airport at 19:30, the SBB office will be closed, so you will not be able to buy the pass there.

You could just buy a normal ticket from Zürich Airport to Zürich Hauptbahnhof (main station), and buy your Swiss Travel Pass at Zürich Hauptbahnhof. The numbers of passes available are not limited, and they do not sell out.

The SBB office at Zürich Hauptbahnhof is open on Tuesdays from 04:15–01:30.

http://www.sbb.ch/content/int ernet/sbb/en/bahnhof-services/bahnhoefe/sho pville-zuerich-hb.html

You will then have your Swiss Travel Pass ready to use the following day, 26 April, which is what you wanted.

To buy the Swiss Travel Pass, you will need your passport, but a photo is not required.

Alpenrose

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 April 2017 at 11:47:23 #861966

Hi Liza,

Normally it’s easiest to just buy your pass online and print it at home. That way you can skip the staffed offices and queues. However in your case it’s a bit late as it takes a business day to get the pass e-mailed to you. You’ll find all the options here. If you buy it now through http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-consecutive you will definately receive it in time, on the 24th or 25th, through e-mail. Since you’ll be traveling then you can ask your hotel to print it. Or you can go to the central station (Hauptbahnhof) in Zurich as Alpenrose suggested and buy it there.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Last minute Swiss Travel Pass from Malaysia’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.