Swiss Travel Pass – validation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2017 at 15:37:57 #812590

Hi,

My name is Vikram, I have purchased Swiss Travel Pass and printed at home. I have one question, when we entered to the station is there any separate access card required or the barcode on the pass will work to open the entry and exit gate at each station.

Also please suggest any local tour operators at Montreux, Interlaken and Zermatt as I will be spending one to two nights there.

Thanks

Vikram

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2017 at 17:21:52 #866672

Hi Vikram,

There are no entry/exit gates at the train stations. The bar code is for the train employee who check that your Swiss Travel Pass is valid once you are on the train (randomly).

We have a list of tour options and activities for your towns here: Zermatt, Interlaken and Montreux.

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 15:31:03 #866673

Thanks

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – validation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.