Buying Swiss Travel Pass at airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2017 at 13:06:14 #813263

Hii i want to buy Swiss travel pass from Zurich Airport it self, my only concern is about the size of the queue and validity of pass. As I am arriving Zurich early morning around 7 am in last week of September. And want to travel straight to Luzern with my STP. So the question is does STP get activated from the time i purchase it and how long i have to wait in queue to buy it in general.

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2017 at 17:28:59 #869820

Hi Abhidneha,

Sorry I can’t tell you how long the line up will be – it could be 5 minutes and could be 45 minutes ( I would bet less than 15 minutes though at that time of the day).

If you buy the ticket to be used on that day then it is valid immediately and then it depends on the length of the Swiss Travel Pass you buy (3, 4 , 8 or 15 days). If you buy a 3 day pass on September 20 then you can use it all day on the 20th, 21st, and 22nd as an example. You can buy the pass on the 20th and have it start on the 21st if you prefer – just tell them when buying it what start date you want.

Also, it would be more convenient to simply buy the Swiss Travel Pass online and then it is emailed to you for printing at home – no line ups!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Buying Swiss Travel Pass at airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.