Swiss Travel Pass refunds possible?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2017 at 11:25:59 #813752

Hi! My husband and I bought 2 8 days consecutive second class pass, leaving in 3 days time. The first date and last dates are clearly printed on the ticket. Unfortunately, he is not ill and not able to walk properly. Is it possible for either a refund or a change of date to a later date when he is well?

Thank you in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2017 at 16:30:10 #872445

Hi Mobbie and welcome to MySwissAlps.

You will have to contact the company you bought the rail passes from and inquire with them directly for a possible refund. Typically there will at least be a cancellation fee of some sort.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 November 2017 at 19:11:47 #872446

Yes, often it’s a 15% cancellation free. However, if you have travel insurance it may not cost you anything as they probably pay back the 15%.

All the best, hopefully you can come soon!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2017 at 22:25:24 #872447

Thanks, Arno and Lucas. Appreciate your replies. I have contacted the agency where i bought the rail passes from. Warmest regards!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass refunds possible?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.