Swiss Travel Pass - How long is it valid for?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
JVS115
JVS115
1 post
Dec 28, 2017 - 4:43 PM

Hi, I would like to find out about the restrictions of the Swiss Travel pass. please answer the following questions.

1) When does the pass expire if I get it for 4days from Jan4th at 12pm?

2) If I travel from Jan7th at 11:50pm will it still be valid for the transfers on Jan8th around 4am?

Thanks,

Juanita Samson

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Dec 28, 2017 - 8:52 PM in reply to JVS115

Hello Juanita and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

When you buy a consecutive day pass you nominate on which day you want it to start. It is much more convenient to buy on line and get the ticket delivered by email to print at home. You can buy here www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price

A travel day runs from midnight to midnight. However with for example a 4-day Pass you can still travel up to 5.00am on the 5th day. See www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Dec 29, 2017 - 2:42 AM in reply to JVS115

Or to be completely accurate Juanita, a so-called “calendar day” counts as a travel day. In this instance, your ticket is valid from 00.00 hrs (midnight) until 05.00 hrs the next day (29 hrs in total).

(Refer help.myswitzerland.com /hc/en-us/articles/1150014817 65-Is-the-validity-of-the-Swiss-Travel-Pass-Flex-for-a-travel-day-exactly-24-hours- )

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018