Buying a Swiss Travel Pass online or not?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2018 at 11:14:36 #814257

Hello

Will it be a good idea to buy the swiss travel pass online or from zurich airport? If online then please suggest some good price wevsite to buy it from

We will be travelling to lucerne directly from the airport

We are 2 adults, a 9 years old and 23 months old

Many thanks

Regards

Tasneem

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2018 at 16:30:15 #875689

Hi Tasneem, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

I believe it’s more convenient to order the Swiss Travel Pass online. It will save you time at the airport as you can skip the ticket office and board your train straight away. Also, if you lose the pass you can simply print it again. You can’t do that with a pass you buy from a ticket counter. Such a pass can’t be recovered.

Click here to order the Swiss Travel Pass and print the passes at home. You can get the Swiss Family Card (for your 9 years old) free of charge while ordering the Swiss Travel Pass.

pvonk
    Participant
    378 posts
    5 February 2018 at 19:50:21 #875690

And be sure to bring at least two printouts of the Pass. On my last trip, I somehow discovered my Pass missing at some point. Fortunately I had another copy.

• The thread ‘Buying a Swiss Travel Pass online or not?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.