Swiss Travel Pass promo prevalidation date

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 9, 2018 - 4:15 AM

Hello

I am trying to buy the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass online using the promo code. I notice that there's a clause 'Passes must be prevalidated within 6 months of issue date'. At the same time when I try to key in my details I saw a column requesting for "First Travel Date" which is 17 Sept 2018 n it'll be more than 6 months from the issue of the pass. Will it pose any problem for me if I were to buy the pass now in order to benefit from the promotion discount if SGD80?

Thank you in advance.

Last modified on Mar 9, 2018 - 6:27 AM by Arno
Arno
Arno
11560 posts
expert &
Mar 9, 2018 - 6:27 AM

Hi MN1402,

I don't think that's a problem. The Swiss Travel Pass will be send via e-mail and is validated immediately, for the first travel date you have chosen. I think the comment only applies to passes that actually need to be validated at a train station, like Eurail Passes. A validated pass with the first travel date on it is a valid travel document. I can't see how the price you paid for it would matter then. You can find the promo codes for Singapore here: www.raileurope.com.sg/ deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe.

Enjoy your trip!

Last modified on Mar 9, 2018 - 6:28 AM by Arno
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 9, 2018 - 9:47 AM

Thx Arno!

2 years ago I had to go to the counter to validate the pass. Just to reconfirm. So when I reach Zurich airport I can straight away use the emailed pass without going to the counter for validation?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Mar 9, 2018 - 9:55 AM in reply to Removed user

Affirmative!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 9, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Great!

Thx rockoyster!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 14, 2018 - 12:31 PM

Hi there!

I had made my booking n payment indicating my travel date as 17 Sept 2018 but now I receive my ticket saying my start date is 12 Sept 2018. What should I do now?

Im desperate. Can someone help me?

Thx!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 14, 2018 - 3:19 PM

Hi Arno!

I made payment on 10 Mar but received the e-tickets on 12 Mar and even tho I have indicated my first travel date as 17 Sept, it looks like they allow the first travel date only to be 12 Sept which is exactly the last date of the 6 months from my email date 13 Mar.

What can I do now?

Lucas
Lucas
9846 posts
expert &
Mar 14, 2018 - 3:51 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi MN1402,

Have you contacted the retailer to see if it is possible to change the date on your Swiss Travel Pass?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 14, 2018 - 4:07 PM

Thx Lucas!

Ok. As they are closed now. I'll drop by the office to check with them tomorrow.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 19, 2018 - 1:10 PM

Hi Lucas!

Just for updates. I have today received the corrected e-tickets after contacting the Singapore office. It seems that it's Rail Europe's system error.

Thx for reminding me!

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 19, 2018 - 1:48 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi MN1402,

Lucas will be back later this week. Thanks for the update and I'm pleased it's all okay now.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018