What does the Swiss Travel Pass cover?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2018 at 3:45:32 #814851

Hi, My partner and I will be in Switzerland in August ’18.

We will be travelling via train from Zurich to Brienz (where we will be staying) and dropping off our luggage on the 7th of August. We will then be travelling to Interlaken where we will do outdoor activities.

On the 8th of August, we would like to travel to Jungfraujoch – returning that night.

On the 9th of August, we will be travelling back to Zurich from Brienz.

I need help in regards to the rail pass I should purchase. Does the Swiss Travel Pass cover Zurich, Interlaken, Brienz, Jungfraujoch? I believe I only need the 3 day pass only as well. Am I missing anything, is there any additional tickets I would need to purchase for any of the destination?

Thank you all.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 March 2018 at 5:34:53 #879176

Hello Audrey and Welcome to My SwissAlps,

The Swiss Travel Pass only offers 25% discount on the trip to Jungfraujoch from Wengen or Grindelwald. You will travel “free” up to those places. You can travel anywhere that the Swiss Travel Pass covers 100% without an additional ticket. Discounted trips you need to buy an additional ticket. Take a look at the Validity map which you can download at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Theoretically you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass) and work your way through the spreadsheet to find out what sort of pass, if any, is best for your needs. But for 3 days you might not think it is worth the effort. In which case just go with your gut feeling. If you don’t save any money at least it is real convenient and offers ultimate flexibility. That must be worth something.

Schilthorn is free if that is any consolation.

• The thread ‘What does the Swiss Travel Pass cover?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.