Swiss Travel Pass - same day order?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
malraj
malraj
24 posts
May 6, 2018 - 9:00 AM

I shall be landing in Geneva on 8th May. Where all can I purchase Swiss Travel Pass? Is there time to buy it online if it is cheaper than buying after reaching Geneva?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4015 posts
expert
May 6, 2018 - 10:09 AM in reply to malraj

You can buy one on line from one of the retailers listed at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

It is much more convenient to buy on-line and print at home before you arrive. You have a PDF backup or and yo can print multiple copies unless you lose/damage your original.

malraj
malraj
24 posts
May 6, 2018 - 11:31 AM in reply to rockoyster

Today it is 6th May. Will I get my passes by tomorrow?

Lucas
Lucas
9577 posts
expert &
May 6, 2018 - 1:24 PM in reply to malraj

Hi Malraj,

Yes, almost certainly you will get the Swiss Travel Pass within minutes of ordering it online.

malraj
malraj
24 posts
May 7, 2018 - 3:10 AM in reply to rockoyster

Dear Lucas. I went to SBB site and the form asks residential address for which delivery time is 2 to 3 weeks. There is nothing mentioning delivery by email. I do not have time as I am starting my journey tonight. Will it be ok if I buy at Geneva airport or at Geneva railway station.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4015 posts
expert
May 7, 2018 - 3:28 AM in reply to malraj

You need to fill in your address details before it asks you if you want on-line delivery. Don't worry - you can buy the STP at Geneva Airport

Arno
Arno
11345 posts
expert &
May 7, 2018 - 5:21 AM

Hi Malraj,

Delivery doesn't take 2-3 weeks. What you saw is a poorly described way to explain that physically shipped passes ordered well in advance will be shipped 2-3 weeks prior to the pass start date. This is not relevant to passes send via e-mail.

Delivery is quick but it's a manual process, so if you need it the same day it might be safer to buy at the airport train station during opening hours.

malraj
malraj
24 posts
May 7, 2018 - 8:16 AM in reply to Arno

Thanx. I think I shall buy STP at Geneva airport. Do not want ending up wasting lot of money.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018