Swiss Travel Pass will cover our trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 7:43:52 #815872

My sister and I will be travelling in Switzerland from August 29th for 8 days. Can you please let me know if theSwiss Travel Pass will cover us for our travel. We will be travelling from Colmar in France into Lucerne on the 29th then onthe1st we are going to Davos am I right I thinking that we will catch the Berliner Express from Chur to Davos. Onthe 3rd we plan to go onthe Glacier Express from Davos to Zermatt. Onthe 5th we will go from Zermatt to Monteaux by the Glacier Express and Regionals Express Lotschburger. Then from Montreal we will go by train to Stresa in Italyi have been following your forums since I wrote my first email and I am very impressed by all the forums.

Cheers Nanadell

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 13:42:25 #884810

Hi Nanadell,

You’ll be on a regional train from Chur to Davos – the Bernina Express route doesn’t run there.

When traveling from Davos to Zermatt you can pick up the Glacier Express at Filisur.

The Regional Express Lötschberger will take you a little out of the way going to Montreux but it will work. You can get off in Spiez and follow the Golden Pass line on to Montreux.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all of your trips.

The Swiss Travel Pass will cover the tickets for all routes mentioned, but you also need to make mandatory reservations on the Glacier Express train.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass will cover our trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.