Swiss Travel Pass – buying it & what does it cover

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 8:44:39 #816213

Hi everyone,

My family are planning to go to Switzerland this June and want to buy a Swiss travel pass. We will arrive the Zurich airport then take a train to Lucerne. Will the pass cover this trip? I think we can take the train from the airport directly and no need to go to the train station outside. Is this correct?

When we stay at Lucerne we would like to take the Golden pass from Lucerne to Interlaken. I think those are the panoramic trains. Is there a difference between the first and second class? I will buy a first class Swiss pass if the view and seats for the first class are much better than the second class.

Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 9:56:37 #886257

Hi Corny and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the trip to Lucerne is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Look for a PDF Map of what is covered here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Some trains go direct to Lucerne from Zurich airport, others require a change at Zurich main station. The timetable will show you what train is direct on your date of travel.

The Luzern-Interlaken Express is not considered panoramic, but it does have more windows than most trains. Read about the differences between 1st and 2nd class on Swiss trains here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 10:06:12 #886258

Thank you so much for your swift response. Really appreciate it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 11:13:10 #886259

Hi everyone,

Am trying to reserve seats on the Golden Pass Line from Luzerne to Interlaken (tickets.goldenpass.ch). I know the Swiss Travel Pass covers that train ride but can’t seem to find the discount selection page to indicate that I have a Swiss Travel Pass when booking my tickets. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 14:34:05 #886260

That web page is just for reservations which cost 10chf – with our without any rail pass.

I wouldn’t worry about reserving that section of the Golden Pass route but you can if you want.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – buying it & what does it cover’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.