Swiss Travel Pass - skip a day in the middle?

Swiss Travel Pass - skip a day in the middle?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Dora Lee
Dora Lee
9 posts
Aug 3, 2017 - 2:22 AM

Dears

I will go to Swiss Jan 21 to 29, seems 8 days Swiss Travel Pass I would choose. Please advise if 8-days pass would be used continuously or we can skip one day in between.

Thanks / Dora

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Aug 3, 2017 - 7:11 AM in reply to Dora Lee

Hi Dora and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid for consecutive days. So, Jan 21 to Jan.28 or Jan.22 to Jan.29.

If you have little train travel on your first or last day then just buy point to point tickets instead for that 1 day. For example, if you are flying into Zurich and staying the day in Zurich before exploring the country then using a day of your Swiss Travel Pass would be a waste.

Otherwise you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass Flex for 8 days and then you can skip a day somewhere (your cheapest travel day). However there is a premium paid for this pass.

Lucas

Dora Lee
Dora Lee
9 posts
Aug 5, 2017 - 1:01 AM in reply to Lucas

Dear Lucas,

I will arrive Geneva on Jan 21. Please advise if there any city day pass that I can buy in Geneva.

Thanks

best regards

dora

Arno
Arno
9657 posts
expert &
Aug 5, 2017 - 6:36 AM

Hi Dora,

You'll find the options for Geneva at myswissalps.com/geneva /travel.

Dora Lee
Dora Lee
9 posts
Aug 6, 2017 - 2:13 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno

Very useful link. Much appreciated

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017