Swiss Travel Pass – skip a day in the middle?

• Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    3 August 2017 at 2:22:11 #812834

Dears

I will go to Swiss Jan 21 to 29, seems 8 days Swiss Travel Pass I would choose. Please advise if 8-days pass would be used continuously or we can skip one day in between.

Thanks / Dora

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 7:11:27 #867839

Hi Dora and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid for consecutive days. So, Jan 21 to Jan.28 or Jan.22 to Jan.29.

If you have little train travel on your first or last day then just buy point to point tickets instead for that 1 day. For example, if you are flying into Zurich and staying the day in Zurich before exploring the country then using a day of your Swiss Travel Pass would be a waste.

Otherwise you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass Flex for 8 days and then you can skip a day somewhere (your cheapest travel day). However there is a premium paid for this pass.

Lucas

Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    5 August 2017 at 1:01:25 #867840

Dear Lucas,

I will arrive Geneva on Jan 21. Please advise if there any city day pass that I can buy in Geneva.

Thanks

best regards

dora

Arno
    15483 posts
    5 August 2017 at 6:36:06 #867841

Hi Dora,

You’ll find the options for Geneva at myswissalps.com/geneva /travel.

Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    6 August 2017 at 2:13:42 #867842

Thanks Arno

Very useful link. Much appreciated

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – skip a day in the middle?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.