Swiss Travel Pass – for January 2018 and timetable

• Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    8 September 2017 at 5:07:46 #813223

Dears,

i will travel Switzerland from Jan 21 to 29, I would like to order the Swiss Travel Pass – 8 days. Seems I cannot book the Pass now. Please advise how soon I can book Jan 2018 Swiss Travel Pass.

I have booked hotel at Geneva for the 1st day travel at Geneva.

Jan 22, I would visit Zermatt for 2 days there, please advise how I can get the Rail time table from Geneva to Zermatt.

Jan 24 – I would like to take the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur. Again I cannot find the Rail time table. would you please help. Or the 2018 Rail time table not ready yet.

Jan 25 – I would go to Interlaken from Chur. Please advise which route with more scenery.

Jan 25-27 Interlaken – please advise if I can take the Lake Thun boat trip ; Gold Pass trains, any reservation required. I am afraid I will miss any boat trip or scenery trains if I don’t know the timetable or reservation. I have tried to click on the timetable but seems I cannot find the timetable.

Jan 28 I will go to Montreux or Lausanne, I will try to get the boat trip of Geneva Lake. Again I cannot find the time table.

Thank you for your kind attention. I would appreciate if you would provide your great suggestions

Best regards / Dora

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 September 2017 at 6:35:49 #869652

Hi Dora,

As I understand it the 2018 timetables will be published towards the end of October.

Don’t worry that you will miss out on getting a Swiss Travel Pass. They don’t run out.

You might want to read this http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/swiss-travel-system-changes-in-2018

Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    8 September 2017 at 8:37:37 #869653

Dear Rockoyster,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will buy the Swiss Travel Pass by end October.

Thanks and regards / Dora

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2017 at 14:07:15 #869654

Hi Dora Lee,

Some retailers will be selling the Swiss Travel Pass for 2018 now. Where are you trying to buy it?
    Have a look at these options to buy the Swiss Travel Pass online.

The schedules won’t be out for January until mid October yes, but that won’t affect your ability to buy rail passes.

You will have to wait another 4 to 6 weeks to get the timetables for everything you are looking for. However you can search for the timetable for this month to get you an idea of the options (they won’t change dramatically).

You can’t reserve tickets on any boat trips nor on most trains in Switzerland. You can make a reservation on the Golden Pass train route here (but it isn’t strictly needed).

Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    8 September 2017 at 15:23:03 #869655

Dear Lucas,

Thank you very much for information and link provided.

Best regards / Dora

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – for January 2018 and timetable’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.