Swiss Travel Pass 8 Days vs Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2018 at 15:16:08 #818762

Hi all,

I’ve used the excel spreadsheet to compare between these 2 passes but in the end still can’t decide which to buy. Seek your advice as my itinerary for December 2018 as below:

Day 1 – From Zurich Airport to Lucerne directly. Will go Mount Titlis and overnight at Basel for Christmas Market

Day 2 – Basel to Tasch overnight

Day 3 – At Zermatt. See Matterhorn

Day 4 – Zermatt to Interlaken

Day 5 – Visit Jungfraujoch

Day 6 – Interlaken to Montreux

Day 7- Montreux sightseeing

Day 8- Montreux to Milan

Day 9-13 Italy

Thanks a lot

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 October 2018 at 16:12:01 #898198

Welcome to MySwissAlps Zoebear!

Can you attach your spreadsheet please so we can provide feedback on it?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2018 at 17:41:13 #898199

Hi. This is roughly my calculations. Will be changing my trip to Milan after Montreux. thanks alot

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2018 at 17:50:33 #898200

Reattached.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2018 at 19:32:06 #898201

Hi Zoebear,

Well it seems that the Swiss Half Fare Card will save you about 85chf per person. Are you considering the Swiss Travel Pass still due to the increased flexibility and the easyness of mostly ticket-less travel (which I get)? Or another reason why you are wavering?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2018 at 3:43:51 #898202

Hi Lucas.

Ya, I think from the sheet it shows Half Fare Card can save more vs STP… I’m still undecided as I’m not sure whether I’ve keyed in my train journey correctly or not and some of the short train journey not included.

So afraid in the end I’ve to fork out more to buy tickets over the counter..

By the way, part of the reason is because I saw a promo for STP at CHF 320 and for Half Fare Card at CHF 85 in my country. So makes me more undecided 😂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2018 at 6:58:31 #898203

Yes, the flexibility of the Swiss Travel Pass is quite nice and worth paying a little extra for I think. At what point the extra cost is too much is a personal decision.

If you think you’ll want to add on extra trips here and there on your itinerary, as you go, then the STP is probably the better idea. http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass 8 Days vs Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.