Swiss Travel Pass activation with stamp?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2017 at 19:49:42 #812493

My 15 days consecutive Swiss Travel Pass mentions first / last date of travel, my name and country of residence. However,Space provided for my passport no. is blank. Beside, there is a space for “Validating Stamp”

Spaces provided in Family Card doesn’t mention my child name nor Parents’ name. It’s all blank. There isn’t space marked “Validating Stamp” on Family Card.

Am I required to activate/validate Swiss Travel Pass / Family Card upon arrival at Zurich Airport train station?

Shall I fill up all blank spaces myself or would these be filled by official at the ticket counter?

We will be landing at 6:25am on 21 July 2017; what’s the opening time of the ticket counter at Zurich Airport train station? How long normally does it take for activation. I am planning to catch 7:40am train to Visp, is this feasible?

I purchased my passes through Rail Europe agent.

Regards, Karim

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 July 2017 at 5:41:09 #866172

Hi Karim,

So you didn’t get the print at home version of the pass, is that right? The print at home passes have all information on them and are ready to travel.

Any missing information on your passes should be filled out by yourself. If there’s a place for a stamp you indeed need to get that at the ticket counter. It opens 6:15 AM. I don’t know how long it takes. The actual activation won’t take long but there might be a queue. Hopefully not though, that early!

Where exactly did you buy your pass? Didn’t you buy it online through one of the Rail Europe websites? The need for a stamp is pretty much a thing of the past but in a few cases you still need one.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2017 at 17:36:06 #866173

Many thanks Arno for the information.

II arranged Swiss Pass through my friend who works with a Euro Rail authorized Travel Agent. These passes are issued by them. I didn’t by them Online. It seems this is the case requiring a Stamp. Wish me a luck that queue will be shorter.

Cheers

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 July 2017 at 18:38:31 #866174

Hi Karim,

Thanks for the additional information. Indeed some travel agents may still issue the old style passes. Getting the stamp may just take 5 minutes but it could be more. Anyway, enjoy your trip and the trains!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass activation with stamp?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.