Swiss Travel Pass and Geneva Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 17:28:56 #820513

I am confused the difference between Swiss Travel Pass and Geneva Travel Pass. I understand that Geneva Travel Pass allows me to travel within the city of Geneva. I am just confused doesn’t the Swiss Travel Pass allows me to travel whole of Switzerland (including Switzerland)? Do I still have to buy a Geneva Travel Pass if I have a Switzerland Travel Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 March 2019 at 18:06:40 #907076

Hi Gemini cow27, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is a free Geneva Transport Card and a Geneva Pass that you can buy. Both are for the city only. You’ll find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ge neva/travel.

The Swiss Travel Pass is a very different product and covers all of Switzerland. If you have that anyway there is no need for any local passes normally. Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass for everything about it.

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 18:45:35 #907077

Hello there. So does this mean that if I have a Swiss Travel Pass I wouldn’t need to have a Geneva Travel Pass anymore ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 March 2019 at 18:57:52 #907078

Hi again!

In general: yes indeed. But it does depend on your itinerary. If you plan to do numerous activities within Geneva that are not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass then it could be worth it. But this is kind of theoretical. Just the Swiss Travel Pass is sufficient in 99% of all cases. Please look into the pages I linked to in my previous post so you can compare your options in detail.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Geneva Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.