Swiss Travel Pass and Gotthard Panorama Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 12:35:39 #812138

Hi, first thank you very much for this website, it is really helpful.

I have few questions about Gothard Panoroma express and Swiss travel pass.

Me and my 3 friends are planing to buy Swiss travel pass on 1st of July for 8 days. And we plan to take the Gothard panorama express on 3rd of July from lucerne.

1. Do we need to book seats for Gothard Panoroma express after we buy the Swiss travel pass ? ( it is written that we should book 15 days before travel.) or is it necessary to book ? Or do you advice to book before ?

2. Could we buy the Swiss travel pass when we come to the Genova airport ?

Thabks for your interest.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 16:24:06 #864573

Hey!

1) I’m not sure if it’s necessary to reserve them 15 days before the trip (I personally don’t think it is, someone else will confirm, though), but yes, you do need to make reservations. And even though you have your swiss travel pass, reservations have an extra charge. So make sure you reserve the seats 🙂

2) Yes you can

Hope this helps! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 16:24:48 #864574

Hi hasancem and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, reservations are mandatory on the Gotthard Panorama Express with any rail pass or ticket – click here for help making them. I would make the reservations as soon as you are set on your date of travel as it does get busy.
    2. Yes, you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at any Swiss Railways office (SBB); however I would recommend buying the pass online here. It can be emailed to you and then you can print it at home – that way there is no waiting to buy a pass at the train office, just hop on the train you want and go!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 20:17:37 #864575

thank you very much !

we will buy tickets online

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Gotthard Panorama Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.