Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfrau Travel Pass cost

• Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    29 August 2021 at 22:22:24 #826073

Hi, we will be in the Jungfrau Region for 6 days. 3 days in Wengen and 3 days in Murren on a 15 day trip. Doing some rudimentary math reveals that the supplemental costs even in possession of a STP will be significant without the JTP. Am I right about this? We do not plan to travel to the Jungfraujoch.

However, we do plan to: (1) train from Wilderswill to Schynige Platte (supplement rqd); (2) train from Interlaken Ost to Harder Kulm (supplement rqd); (3) cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen (supplement rqd); (4) Train from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen (supplement rqd); (5) Cable car from Grindelwald to First round trip (supplement rqd). Not sure of other things like Ferry ride to Brienz; etc. It is hard to determine if I pick up a 3 or more day JTP for my wife and I at a cost of 298 Chf. or more is worth the cost? I sense it is not but….thoughts?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6352 posts
    30 August 2021 at 7:27:15 #936386

Hi Swede4life,

It might be worth getting the 5 or 6 days Jungfrau Travel Pass if you plan to travel extensively in the Jungfrau region. And maybe combine it with the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass to cover the rest of your travel. You can compare the different rail pass combination using our spreadsheet here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Regards,

Anna

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    30 August 2021 at 11:19:49 #936387

Thank you. This might work. One final expense might be the train ride from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich airport on our final day.

Anna
    6352 posts
    30 August 2021 at 11:39:58 #936388

Hi again,

Buying a Saver Day Pass may be cheaper than point-to-point ticket for your trip from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich Airport on your final day, if this is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. See details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass

Regards,

Anna

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    30 August 2021 at 11:56:21 #936389

Great catch. Thank you.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfrau Travel Pass cost’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.