About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfrau Travel Pass cost
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfrau Travel Pass cost

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Swede4life
Swede4life
53 posts
Aug 29, 2021 - 10:22 PM

Hi, we will be in the Jungfrau Region for 6 days. 3 days in Wengen and 3 days in Murren on a 15 day trip. Doing some rudimentary math reveals that the supplemental costs even in possession of a STP will be significant without the JTP. Am I right about this? We do not plan to travel to the Jungfraujoch.

However, we do plan to: (1) train from Wilderswill to Schynige Platte (supplement rqd); (2) train from Interlaken Ost to Harder Kulm (supplement rqd); (3) cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen (supplement rqd); (4) Train from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen (supplement rqd); (5) Cable car from Grindelwald to First round trip (supplement rqd). Not sure of other things like Ferry ride to Brienz; etc. It is hard to determine if I pick up a 3 or more day JTP for my wife and I at a cost of 298 Chf. or more is worth the cost? I sense it is not but....thoughts?

Anna
Anna
1417 posts
top member &
Aug 30, 2021 - 7:27 AM in reply to Swede4life

Hi Swede4life,

It might be worth getting the 5 or 6 days Jungfrau Travel Pass if you plan to travel extensively in the Jungfrau region. And maybe combine it with the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass to cover the rest of your travel. You can compare the different rail pass combination using our spreadsheet here: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Aug 30, 2021 - 7:27 AM by Anna
Swede4life
Swede4life
53 posts
Aug 30, 2021 - 11:19 AM in reply to Anna

Thank you. This might work. One final expense might be the train ride from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich airport on our final day.

Anna
Anna
1417 posts
top member &
Aug 30, 2021 - 11:39 AM in reply to Swede4life

Hi again,

Buying a Saver Day Pass may be cheaper than point-to-point ticket for your trip from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich Airport on your final day, if this is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. See details here: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass

Regards,

Anna

Swede4life
Swede4life
53 posts
Aug 30, 2021 - 11:56 AM in reply to Anna

Great catch. Thank you.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021