Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch promotion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2020 at 1:50:55 #825271

I would like to take advantage of the SBB Jungfraujoch promotion but want to wait as long as possible before booking my tickets in order to get best chance of good weather . 2 questions:

1) if ordering tickets in advance do you just enter the date you want to start using them and the 15 consecutive days start that date? It’s not clear to me how they start calculating the 15 day window.

2) how far in advance should I purchase the tickets to get reservations delivered in time for Jungfraujoch?

thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 February 2020 at 2:10:21 #930401

Hi Carolyn,

1. The 15 day period starts on the day you nominate. See http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse.
    2. Are you aware that the date you nominate for the Jungfraujoch “reservation” is fixed once you buy it? See here and here. Personally I wouldn’t bother with this “promotion”. A reservation only costs CHF5 which is trivial in the scheme of things. I’d leave a trip to Jungfraujoch until I was in the region and would make a decision based on the weather at the time. This is how Jungfraujoch reservations work in practice.
    disantor
    Participant
    28 posts
    19 February 2020 at 17:56:04 #930402

I agree with this advice. The weather can change quickly and your reservation cannot under the promotion. Make sure you are around a few days and can have flexibility to work around the weather.

Also, we decided in the end not to do Jungfraujoch. It takes better part of a day and is expensive. There were alternatives that we wanted to do instead (renting a bike to explore the valley, biking and cable car in Isenfuhl, doing ‘Grannies Walk‘, seeing piz gloria and the thrill walk, etc.) These are not free, but we did those instead.

If it’s a lifelong dream, go for Jungfraujoch. But I went to Lauterbrunnen and left thrilled by other adventures and don’t feel as though I missed out one bit. That wasn’t exactly your question but perhaps is useful perspective!

Have a great trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch promotion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.